NewCaneyFishingLady
02-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi ras308! Welcome to FishingTX!

dwaynez
02-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Welcome to FishingTx

ras308
02-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Glad to be here!!! Been on 2cool for a while, kept hearing about this one, thought I better check it out. Fished Somerville this past weekend with R&R for Cats, caught a few, but it was tough. Didn't get the jugs out, by the time I found some shad, all my help was at a track meet. Finally caught the shad in 18 feet of water by the marina. Better luck next time.

BassingtxLady
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi,

I'm glad you made it! Welcome to FishingTX.Com the friendliest fishing forum you will find.

Whether you're here seeking help as a beginner to fishing, or are an advanced (PC) fisher person, it's great to see a new face. If you have a little knowledge share it with us.

Since we usually eat some of the fish we catch, how about posting your favorite recipe for others to try.

Now, jump in and have a good time, while you are getting to know us.

kingwoodcatfisherman
02-18-2009, 09:48 PM
:welcome: to the site !

Gentleben
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Glad you came ras we really don't mind where you are from !!:applause:
Glad to be here!!! Been on 2cool for a while, kept hearing about this one, thought I better check it out. Fished Somerville this past weekend with R&R for Cats, caught a few, but it was tough. Didn't get the jugs out, by the time I found some shad, all my help was at a track meet. Finally caught the shad in 18 feet of water by the marina. Better luck next time.

ras308
02-19-2009, 07:46 AM
I do have a recipe my family and I enjoy quite often!!! Take your whole filets, season them with Tony's, lay them what would be skin side down in one of those disposable aluminum pans (of course I'm to tight to throw them away). Cut up tomatoes, bell pepper, pablano peppers and onion and cover the top of the fish, then drizzle some zesty italian or balsimic vinigerette dressing on top of this and let it set while you get your coals going. When your coals are ready, pour as much of the liquid off the fish as you can, it makes a bunch of it's own. Spread your coals and throw a piece of post oak on for smoke, put the fish on a just shake the pan every once in a while until the vegetables are done, don't try to turn. Time to eat!!! Make plenty. Enjoy!!!