View Full Version : Houston Fishing Show

irfishyir2
02-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Anyone planning on hitting the Houston Fishing show next week? I was just looking at the seminar schedule and they have quite a few I would like to go to. Some that interests me are seminars on Somerville, Conroe and Fayette along with some salt water seminars that should prove interesting. I normally dont go to these things since all I do is get upset wanting all the new "toys" that I dont have and want but I may have to make this one.
check it out here..........

http://www.houstonfishingshow.com/

Thin Water Tracker
02-28-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm hopping to make it next friday if I don't have to work. We have another supervisor out for 6 weeks due to getting his back cut on so that doubles my on call days only three days I'm not on call and took 5 of the 14 I'm off a month for the next three month sure going to hurt my fishing time.

irfishyir2
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm hopping to make it next friday if I don't have to work. We have another supervisor out for 6 weeks due to getting his back cut on so that doubles my on call days only three days I'm not on call and took 5 of the 14 I'm off a month for the next three month sure going to hurt my fishing time.

I hear ya talking but the money has got to help. You can fish when ya get my age.....:applause:

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks for posting that . We went last year with the kids and they got free tackle boxes so they thought that was pretty cool !! I'll be checking out those fancy reels and lightweight rods. I have been thinking about getting something newer. Most of my reels and rods are from the early 80's and I am sure the equipment that they make today is pretty incredible compared to what I am using. I can't wait to try them out !!

RAYSOR
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
I have not ever gone to any seminars, but it sounds like a great idea.

gator
03-03-2009, 06:16 PM
me and anita will be there friday noon i will be on my cart little blue speed demon if you see me holler

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
I think me and LB13 are going to the fishing show tomorrow around 1:00. I have been thinking about doing some bass fishing so I think Andy will be able to show me alot of lures and give me some good advice on a good rod and reel combo to get. Most of my tackle is from the 80's so I am looking forward in doing some upgrades. I am hoping that I might be able to try one of those fancy shimono reels in the casting tank.

john
03-05-2009, 04:35 AM
The bait monkey will meet you at the entrance.

gator
03-05-2009, 07:57 AM
jeff go get one of those reels from academy if there still on sale great reel great buy

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Well , LuckyBass13 and I hit the show yesterday about 2:00. The majority of the stuff was geared for the bay and offshore fishing but I still managed to spend right at a grand. :secret: Lb13 did a little better than me only getting away spending $2 bucks on some tubes.

Bought me a 7' Shimano bass rod , American Rod Smith Titanium 7' spinnining rod , a Quantum Tour edition bait cast reel , and some real sweet binoculars. I need to go back and get the spinning reel. I think that I will get the Quantum tour edition spinning reel .

NuAngler
03-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Has anyone gone to any of the workshops?

LuckyBass13
03-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Well , LuckyBass13 and I hit the show yesterday about 2:00. The majority of the stuff was geared for the bay and offshore fishing but I still managed to spend right at a grand. :secret: Lb13 did a little better than me only getting away spending $2 bucks on some tubes.

Bought me a 7' Shimano bass rod , American Rod Smith Titanium 7' spinnining rod , a Quantum Tour edition bait cast reel , and some real sweet binoculars. I need to go back and get the spinning reel. I think that I will get the Quantum tour edition spinning reel .

too bad that I didnt had much money, theres alot of stuff that I like and alot cheaper than normal cost, Jeff, u got a nice rods!!