PDA

View Full Version : For All you Smokers

irfishyir2
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I heard on the news today that federal tax on cigarettes are going up another $6.20 a carton on April 1st.....that should push them close to $50 a carton....why in the devil aint they taxing beer and whiskey? they would sure make a whole bunch more money....:lighting:
They sure kept it quiet as well. They knew they were gonna catch heck from the smokers!!

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Woooow !! That 's one thing I don't have to worry about. I wished they would put a $6.00 tax on ice cream . I need something to motivate me not to eat it every day !! :):):):)

Blast&Cast
03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Woooow !! That 's one thing I don't have to worry about. I wished they would put a $6.00 tax on ice cream . I need something to motivate me not to eat it every day !! :):):):)

They tax cigarettes because they know that people will keep buying them....even if they are ten dollars a pack. Nicotene is one of the most addictive chemicals known to man.

gator
03-03-2009, 08:09 AM
yeah its funny they will tell you its so more people will stop smoking everu time we raise taxes but using there therory what would they tax if everone stop on this hike. where we gonna get more money now? ice cream tax yeah yeah fast food tax yeah yeah

UFgatorHarv
03-03-2009, 08:42 AM
This tax is to pay for the new schip bill I believe.

Ponderosa Marina
03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
...why should smokers have to pay for schip...how come they don't have a sex tax for all these unmarried people having all these kids they can't afford who won't work and pay their own way....and if they do work they spend more than they make...this walking into any hospital and having a baby for free..so they govt. will pay for it....while they are driving their new cars talking on their blackberries, blueberries or whatever you call em, thinking that they are entitled to a free ride cause they made a baby...taking away from married people making sacrifices struggling to raise their kids...and hard working tax payers is a shame...schip will not work by people who really need it...cause it will be overtaken by free loaders thinking that everyone owes them...

BassBowl
03-03-2009, 10:04 AM
I smoked close to two packs a day for over 30 years, I quit cold turkey.

I had a game plan to help me, and If anyone is interested in how I was able to quit cold turkey after 30 years, send me a pm and I'll share how I accomplished this feat with you.

This is no come on, I will not charge a penny nor ask you for anything else in return, I just want to see a inkling of commitment from you.

I was ready to quit, my father quit at about the same age as I did, if you're ready, this plan just may work for you too....no guarantee's, but give it a shot if you are sincere about quitting.

PM Me and I'll tell you how I did it.

BB

UFgatorHarv
03-03-2009, 03:01 PM
...why should smokers have to pay for schip...how come they don't have a sex tax for all these unmarried people having all these kids they can't afford who won't work and pay their own way....and if they do work they spend more than they make...this walking into any hospital and having a baby for free..so they govt. will pay for it....while they are driving their new cars talking on their blackberries, blueberries or whatever you call em, thinking that they are entitled to a free ride cause they made a baby...taking away from married people making sacrifices struggling to raise their kids...and hard working tax payers is a shame...schip will not work by people who really need it...cause it will be overtaken by free loaders thinking that everyone owes them...

I could not agree more. Well said.

spinner
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I heard on the news today that federal tax on cigarettes are going up another $6.20 a carton on April 1st.....that should push them close to $50 a carton....why in the devil aint they taxing beer and whiskey? they would sure make a whole bunch more money....:lighting:
They sure kept it quiet as well. They knew they were gonna catch heck from the smokers!!

This one will do it for me!

Guess that they have to pay for all of the bailouts somehow! :lighting:

Better stop before I get to worked up cause I honestly feel my blood pressure rising!

irfishyir2
03-03-2009, 03:53 PM
well, the way I see it, if smoking is so bad for you why dont they outlaw it? well, we all know the answer to that!!

Blast&Cast
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
well, the way I see it, if smoking is so bad for you why dont they outlaw it? well, we all know the answer to that!!

There is an obscene amount of money generated from cigarettes. They don't call them "cancer-sticks" for nothing. Think about the people that would be without a job if people were not getting lung cancer, throat cancer, etc.

Ponderosa Marina
03-03-2009, 05:48 PM
thanks UFgator...I realize smoking is bad for your health...but it takes 30-50 years to kill you...and by then at least you got your social security paid in...when I see these lazy HOGS out there who won't work, are half my age and twice my size whose feet are rotting off from diabeties, have heart disease, etc...please...give me a break...and throat cancer is on the rise by nonsmokers...from guess what multiple things they are sucking on ????

irfishyir2
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Back when I was working for a living, I would drive to San Antonio once a month for a meeting. During breaks, all the smokers would have to go out back in the cold and rain to puff away. My boss who was in his late 30's would come out and berate us about the dangers of smoking. Well, he passed away a year before I retired from, guess what? Yep, throat cancer. Dont think he smoked a day in his life.

scooter9o9
03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Tax the supper sized cheese burgers that clog your veins, that cause strokes, heartattacks.
Let me smoke, and i will gladly bring my lunch and sit outside and enjoy the day and hope you enjoy yours.

UFgatorHarv
03-03-2009, 07:56 PM
thanks UFgator...I realize smoking is bad for your health...but it takes 30-50 years to kill you...and by then at least you got your social security paid in...when I see these lazy HOGS out there who won't work, are half my age and twice my size whose feet are rotting off from diabeties, have heart disease, etc...please...give me a break...and throat cancer is on the rise by nonsmokers...from guess what multiple things they are sucking on ????

hahahaha, so true. I love it when some lard-a** gives me a dirty look as the waddle by when I am smoking. Pot meet kettle.

Ponderosa Marina
03-03-2009, 08:41 PM
....cut back on that Lonestar Card....
wish I had one....I wouldn't smoke either...no stress, no money, no ploblem...no need for supersized burgers...just head out to local meat market buy prime rib...

Thin Water Tracker
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
They tax cigarettes because they know that people will keep buying them....even if they are ten dollars a pack. Nicotene is one of the most addictive chemicals known to man.

I always figured fishing was the most addictive. On really I have abused a lot of things in my life time and cigarettes are the only thing I have been able to walk a way cold trukey.

Ponderosa Marina
03-03-2009, 09:33 PM
yes...nicotine is very addictive...and I envy people who can walk away cold turkey...cause I sure hate to suppport any more social programs that are abused and misused by lazy, sexually irresponsible freeloaders...

Gone Fishing
03-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I have smoked for years and quit several times. I have never been able to stop smoking or wearing shoes either. I say lets impose a shoe tax also. I figure more people wear shoes than smoke. Wow can you imagine the tax income from a show tax!!!
What do y'all think?

Ole Bill
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
well i quite cause it cost to much did that bout 5 years ago come april 4 my birthday. had better than a 45 year habit that had built itself up to 3 to 4 packs a day. i am of a mind if people like to smoke that is their business and none of mine. I just laid em down and got me a herbal remedy to help with the withdraws. it worked for me and i paid for the cure myself. like Ponderosa says it aint none of my business if someone smokes but it is if they think i should pay for it. im retired and earned my money and i couldnt afford it so them freeloaders that think me and the government should support their sorry butts should be sent to jail far as im concerned for mismanagement of welfare funds. if ya dont wanna work you cant afford ta buy booze and cigarettes with government money they expect is owed to them cause they are a minority of couch potatoes