PDA

View Full Version : Boat Deck Repair

davejla
08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a 1998 aluminum Sea Ark and the deck is fully aluminum also. All of my carpet is peeling up and I am thinking about ripping all of it out and resurfacing the whole deck. The carpet also runs into all of the storage and I have two live wells. I will try post some pictures of it but was wondering if anyone had suggestions on whether I should attempt to recarpet it or maybe try some type of Marine Rhino lining. I have heard of spray on products but don't know how well they last. Also, I really want to stay away from pulling up the deck because the little that I have has never stayed tight and don't want my whole deck to be loose and rattling all the time. If it is too much for me I would also look into having a pro look at it. Any suggestions?

Layton
08-12-2009, 10:13 PM
go ahead and rip that carpert out. You can do the lining have fun and play. if you take it to some one they gonna tell ya yep we can do it for about 3-400 bucks. So you might as well start doing it. Keep us updated on this project and with some pictures as well. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!