PDA

View Full Version : I love it! The best Football story ever

Scotta
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
So Sage Rosenthal goes to the Vikings with the thought he would be the starter. Farve will play. No I am officially retired. Well just wait. Ok, Im retired. Then today is he practicing and out of retirement. I know some dont like it but if a company or a team is willing to employee someone it is there right to come in and out of retirement as many times as they want. I mean if Vikings management is OK with it. We can have an opinion about how ridiculous or detrimental it will be but hey it's his prerogative! I do love it!

davejla
08-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Also, imaging Sage moved all of his family around because of the trade and he also may get traded and have to move again soon. I loved Brett Favre but at this point I am fed up with it. I do not wish failure on anyone but he is ruining his reputation (if not already) and jacking around with other player's careers. Better to burn out than fade away.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Sage is the one that is probably taking it the hardest since went to the Viking thinking he was going to be the starter. He'll have to sit back like he has with other teams.

davejla
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Sage still has never started more than 5 games in one season but what the heck, let's focus on the players we have at hand. Oh, and Drew Brees! lol just messing with you guys.

Scotta
08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Drew is my boy, I have followed him since he was with Purdue. I was also born in New Orleans. Coon A$$. Next weekend will be great NO vs. H-town

SwampRat
08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
applause::applause::applause::cheers:

Drew is my boy

SR!

Scotta
08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
D....It might not be fair and it might be annoying but it cracks me up. I love it! The vikings management is really willing to put up with this. LMBO! I love Favre and I hope he does well. But lets be honest, the Vikings better hold on to Sage. Favre is way past ironman age that he once was. With Favre as the starter, it is only a matter of time before Sage starts. I truly hope Favre does well though and lasts all season. I just like the staory of saying to all the naysayers, hey, it was his right and they took a chance look how it turned out. I will admit, it is almost embarassing how wishy washy this has become but I just want to say.....Never count no one out. lolol

MsGagman42
08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Sage is the MAN!!!!! I was so hoping to get to watch him as a starter with the Vikings. I loved it when he played for the Texans. Now I have to sit back and watch him sit on the bench. That is BS!!! Brett needs to put his old **** back in retirement and let the youngins play. Guys at work know how much i like Sage Rosenfels. Now they are teasing me. lol. I normally dont even watch football. But i'll watch Sage play. Dang and i was having such a good day THANKS SCOTT lol.

Scotta
08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Your welcome, always want to help a fellow fishingtx.com member improve thier day! lol. Sorry MGM

davejla
08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
If the Vikings were looking for a guy to take them to the next level then Sage may not be the guy. Brett may be that guy and on the bright side, Sage may get to learn a few tricks from one of the greatest. He will definitely get his shot in MN if he stays another year. That is why I think they brought Brett in. Here in Houston we may have a QB battle since Grossman joined up. Keep an eye on that. He is a seasoned QB and will be a great back up.

Scotta
08-18-2009, 07:23 PM
I agree, Grossman had some struggles but finally realized the best thing a QB can do is just not make mistakes. Then he excelled in Chicago. However, we dont have the d-fence for a QB that is just trying not to loose. Rex's stats excelled at Florida in the spread but you can get away with that in college due to the speed of the game, specifically, the speed of the defense. If you ever get a chance go see a college game on saturday and then hit a pro game on Sunday. The speed is like night and day. However, the main reason I dont think you will see a contreversy is that they have so much invested in Shaub. I am not talking monetary. Do you remember when Kubiac said Carr was a terrific QB and he was the man. Then they through then shaub/ rosenthal contreversy to the wayside. Kubiac with the comment that Shaub is the guy. Least we forget, Kubiac was a QB and backed up Elway for many years. He cannot afford mentally for his team to back paddle on this issue. I agree DV, a good competition might do Shaub good and the best man should get the shot. However, I think every QB on that team knows Shaub is the starter, no matter what this season and the only change would be a trade of Shaub to make "The Team" better. I would definately like to see competition for that spot but they should of done with that Shaub/Rosenthal the year before Rosenthal was to become a free agemt which would of been this year if I am not mistaken. I just think they have too much invested without finding a way to bow out gracefully.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Why would a QB like Farve retire for good, where else can he make several million dollars a season.
I do know a little about being a QB I played for Penn State for two years.

08-18-2009, 07:46 PM
My mistake that should be State Pen.

MsGagman42
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Jackie that is just so WRONG!!!! lol. That was a good one.

davejla
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree, Grossman had some struggles but finally realized the best thing a QB can do is just not make mistakes. Then he excelled in Chicago. However, we dont have the d-fence for a QB that is just trying not to loose. Rex's stats excelled at Florida in the spread but you can get away with that in college due to the speed of the game, specifically, the speed of the defense. If you ever get a chance go see a college game on saturday and then hit a pro game on Sunday. The speed is like night and day. However, the main reason I dont think you will see a contreversy is that they have so much invested in Shaub. I am not talking monetary. Do you remember when Kubiac said Carr was a terrific QB and he was the man. Then they through then shaub/ rosenthal contreversy to the wayside. Kubiac with the comment that Shaub is the guy. Least we forget, Kubiac was a QB and backed up Elway for many years. He cannot afford mentally for his team to back paddle on this issue. I agree DV, a good competition might do Shaub good and the best man should get the shot. However, I think every QB on that team knows Shaub is the starter, no matter what this season and the only change would be a trade of Shaub to make "The Team" better. I would definately like to see competition for that spot but they should of done with that Shaub/Rosenthal the year before Rosenthal was to become a free agemt which would of been this year if I am not mistaken. I just think they have too much invested without finding a way to bow out gracefully.

Also remember the only reason there was a controversy is because Schaub was hurt and Rose had a chance to show what he had. This scenario may be a lot different because if Grossman gets playing time and for the sake of the team as you say and Schaub fans, Grossman could keep that playing time with not much of a controversy. I am sure that the football media will spice that one up. Mark my words, I can already see it coming but if Kubiac is a good coach (which he has already proven to be) then it is the team that matters. Oh, and keep an eye out for that defense. Mario is getting help on the other side now and let's hope the new linebackers produce. Don't let me fool you, I am still a NO Saints fan first.

Scotta
08-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Good point DV. Jackie you are so wrong, state pen. Remember when the packers didnt want him to play for the vikings when he first retired and they offered him 12 million to retire. I really think Favre loves playing football. I mean he could make a mint besides the "hush money" that he was offered in the media as a correpondent. You cant tell me with 24 hours to fill, ESPN wouldnt cater to his EVERY need. The ratings would go through the roof!

davejla
08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Imagine how much he will be making just of of the jerseys they sell. Just like Mike Vick. His will probably be the most sold Eagles jersey in their history. Favre may also be trying to be a QB coach or offensive coach without actually being a coach. Yep, I'm gonna say it, he better not get seriously injured for the love of the game. He has probably thought about that more than anyone on this earth though.

GILBERT G
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
well if SAGE was a good QB BRET would`nt have a chance that say`s it ALL

davejla
08-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Then either Sage aint that good or Brett will always have a chance.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
08-18-2009, 09:28 PM
All good points guys and that was a good one Jackie. Now I don,t want to get off the Farve subject, but I haven't been keeping up with the rookies that got drafted out of Texas. Not UT but the state, I've been hearing about Crabtree sitting out the season and not playing for the 49ers and instead jumping back into the 2010 draft? Is there any truth to that,and why

Scotta
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I have two throw back Favre Jerseys from the packers, home and away. Then I have the home jets nd will be getting the Vikings. Reebok is very proud of these authentic ones. I wont say how much but they are making a killinng on these. I look at it like buying history. How many times in your life can you do that. LOL. Hey,it's justification.

Imagine how much he will be making just of of the jerseys they sell. Just like Mike Vick. His will probably be the most sold Eagles jersey in their history. Favre may also be trying to be a QB coach or offensive coach without actually being a coach. Yep, I'm gonna say it, he better not get seriously injured for the love of the game. He has probably thought about that more than anyone on this earth though.

LuckyBass13
08-19-2009, 08:34 AM
I am a Vikings fan since I was baby, I am not happy about EX-CHEESEHEAD favre.. I was watching Vikings's first pre season game vs colts.. I have a good feeling that Sage will do well for us.. but geez, Vikes had to bring old spoiled cheese Favre in.. I am not happy.. even if he help us win superbowl.. I might will be happy.. but sad... it wont happend with Favre, I will bet $500,000 that he wont make it to week 16.

gator gar
08-19-2009, 10:10 AM
You must have gotten one heck of a divorce settlement LB13.

davejla
08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
All good points guys and that was a good one Jackie. Now I don,t want to get off the Farve subject, but I haven't been keeping up with the rookies that got drafted out of Texas. Not UT but the state, I've been hearing about Crabtree sitting out the season and not playing for the 49ers and instead jumping back into the 2010 draft? Is there any truth to that,and why

I am almost certain that once you enter the draft and talk to agents about money then you are no longer eligible to play college ball but entering another draft....I have never heard of that. If anything I would think there would only be trade options. Very interesting. Does anyone else have information?

Scotta
08-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Say what you want but Favre has been solid except for his first game back when he was only 1 for 4. I love this story and I really hope The Vikings when the superbowl. Seriously, this is just a terrific story. He looks incredible mobile, accuracy is great as usual. If he makes it 16 games, I will be bringing thsi back with. I TOLD YOU SO! lol. Just kiddin. The thing that killed me is that ESPN was asking is he doing it for the love of the game or revenge. Remember, he retired and the un-retired and then the Vikings were like sorry, you can back up Aaron Rogers. He was like hey Im Favre. Anyway, what better motivation than to face Green Bay as a division rival. If I am the Vikings management, I hope he is doing it for revenge. What better motivation. When I saw that story and the questionable state of hie retirement. I was laughing because if I am a Vikings fan, I hope he is doing this out of revenge and not for the love of a game. Love of the game will only take you son far but revenge.........Come On! Ultimate motivation to work as hard as possible. Call me cynicle but in my eyes that is the reality. Go Favre!

mikechell
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Just another reason why I don't watch or follow professional sports. I haven't since the crybaby baseballers went on strike.
Nothing but a bunch of egomaniacal spoiled brats.

davejla
09-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree Scott. I also think that the Jets may have won the Superbowl last only because of Favre but he had an ailing shoulder near the last six games which he told no one about and did not perform as well. Lost the last 6 out of 8 and didn't make the playoffs but this year he also has a massive running game. I would not be surprised if they go all the way if he stays healthy. He is probably playing with cracked ribs right now and Schaub hurts himself running out of bounds and didn't even get hit. Bet they wanted to call Sage across the field to help the Texans out.

Scotta
09-02-2009, 06:45 PM
They need to talk to Childress about Sage Or Taylor they are both an upgrade.
Mikchel, I feel you but we have to keep in mind that there was a collective bargaining agreement agreed upon and the owners renegede. The teamsters Unions help bring benefits and amount of driving and things that helped them. Unions have been an important part of our country and historically have made great changes and one of the techniques they use is work stoppage. There salaries may seem inflated but a lot of them are making 6 figures the ones that make the news are the million dollar salries. Lest we forget the third string guard. There is a market that accounts for there salries and I just cant tell someone else what his services are worth. I am certainly not gonna be mad at him for getting what he thinks he is worth for his services. i feel you it may seem petty but I wouldnt want someone not in my company telling me what I should be paid. He wouldnt have any idea how much revenue, therefore, how valuable I am or am not to my company. I dont see there books. Now if they have a work stoppage someone is gonna decide hey I need a paycheck and the other is gonna realize they need revenue. The owners are not gonna give into demands that they loose money on so in my opinion, it may seem petty to my salary but the process works for both parties. Withoutn some process, the owners would be the ones taking advantage.

Scotta
01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Well I hate ok I love saying see told you but I believe favre has made this one of the beST NFL seasons ever! I am happy for drew brees! You know favre went to his gunslinger ways with the last plays of his career! You know if it hadn't of been 12 plAyers......there is planty of blame! Anyway, I would hate for that to be favres last throws of his career! However there should be no doubters about his heart or ironman status after watching him pick himself up after all those persoNal fouls! Anyway, I hope he retires again, wAits till offseason workouts and preseason is over and makes another comeback! Here's to you Brett! Thanks for a great season!

Bigl
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Jackie, I feel we have something in common I spent four years in Huntsville. We might know some of the same people.

Scotta
01-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't know where lb13 is but he owes someone 500,000. Not only did he make it to week 16 but i believe we are in week 19! Be careful what you say I will dig it up! Bwahhqhahbababqb

Scotta
01-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Crabtree settled his differences and was playing bft

mikechell
01-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Favre was a plant ... threw that last pass just right so the Vikings would lose !!!
Ha ha ha ha ha h a

Scotta
01-26-2010, 01:29 AM
It was a bad decision but if the coaching staff hasn't of done a bone head move like send 12 out to the huddle he wouldn't of been in that sutuation! Peterson lost the ball on the 8 plenty of blame to go around

01-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Jist how did the NO Can'ts git to the Stupor Bowl when they can't even beat the cowbouys.
WhoDatt is knocking on the doe and after its over it will be WhoDatt colt that run thru us like a dose of Epsonsalt.

Scotta
01-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Good one Jackie

larry 47
01-26-2010, 08:33 AM
hate to say you are right jackie payton will have a field day against n. o.

01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
In all honesty I love to see the Saints win and its probable but unsure if its possible. I'm for any team from the south even the Texans.
Don't mention the team from bigD being as Gil and Mr. Rod are still in denial.

Scotta
01-26-2010, 10:23 AM
I am taking the saints I think it will be a shootout but let's remember the colts have no d and I think NO will take 'em in a close barn burner

01-26-2010, 10:45 AM
I am taking the saints I think it will be a shootout but let's remember the colts have no d and I think NO will take 'em in a close barn burner

I was thinking you give up on the glue, get real, NO has no d, look what the Vikings did to them.
I think Colts 42 and Can'ts 10.

Lou The Fisherman
01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm thinking Colts 42, Cant's 24. Hope NO wins but don't thimk so.

Scotta
01-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I love the glue!!!

01-27-2010, 10:35 AM
My favorite is Testors!
Now I understand why I like to put so many model cars together. Cared nuthing about em after they became complete, just wanted to build another one.

GILBERT G
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Jist how did the NO Can'ts git to the Stupor Bowl when they can't even beat the cowbouys.
WhoDatt is knocking on the doe and after its over it will be WhoDatt colt that run thru us like a dose of Epsonsalt.

YEP It takes more LUCK than SKILL to win the big ones
I`m Glad BRETT FARBIE DOLL got his -ss kickkkkkkkkkkked

CRAW DATS 35

INDIAN APPLES 33

01-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Oh no, Scott did you let Gilbert in the glue?

Lou The Fisherman
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Cmon Gilbert be nice to your elders. Farbie doll is an old person!!

GILBERT G
01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Glue !

I think when Farbie Doll started playing pro football Super Glue was a project in the making lol
I hate that Som_ _itch he beat up my Boys lol
I hope they bur`y him in a Cowboys coff`n but than he`ll prol`y fine his way out lol

ok I must admit the guy is one **** of a player!
I just hope he retires lol