PDA

View Full Version : Wally World jugs?

flatcats
01-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Has anyone besides me seen these jugs yet? I wanted to take a pic to post here, but Wally World doesn't allow you to take pictures inside the store. At least not here they don't.

They're white and about 10-11" high and have a ***** cap and two handles cast in. They seem to be pretty heavy for their size and they sold for $3.48. I've never seen anything at Walmart for jugging before so this was sort of odd.

On the other hand they were clearing out the old Rapalas and Heddon torpedos so I cleaned up on 'em.

Steve

Gentleben
01-19-2005, 01:30 AM
i never seen them, Steve but they could work , I'd like to try some.

dwaynez
01-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Price is a little high, walmart usually sells limited jug supplies, my local store has a 3 pack for $10 or so, but they are ultralight looking and I would not trust them to hold a fish of any weight.

tylerdan
03-25-2005, 02:01 PM
You can achieve the same result with quart oil jugs. Before I learned about the flagging jugs, I used quart Castrol jugs for both floating and anchored jugs that I would be tending. I have made 20 flagging jugs but still have 25 Castrol juglines that I drop in areas that I will not be constantly tending. The work fine, store nicely, and are free. They just don't tell you when you have a fish. The local oil change facilities will save them for you. I prefer Castrol because they are white and also because the can has ridges front and rear that makes the string stay wrapped around the can. If I am fishing overnight for the big cats, I use gallon or better jugs.

dwaynez
03-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Have seen those before, but I would make my own for a lower cost and you know the quality is there if you make it on your own.

Gentleben
03-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks Dan I did not know that about the castrol jugs i will check them out !!!

trombone13
03-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the post Steve.....Those jugs, I've been looking for years . They are just right to hold my corn squeezins. Glad you ran across em.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dwaynez
03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
LOL

flatcats
03-25-2005, 05:01 PM
I've been watching the jug box at my local Wally World. They got a pretty slow start but folks seem to be buying them pretty regular now.
I still prefer mine way more.

Corn squeezin's? Um, what's that? :oops:

dwaynez
03-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Steve

those jugs are not what I would use if you plan on catching anything of size, i agree with you on the quality of the jugs that are made yourself they hold up better and will hold bigger fish than those strike king jugs.