PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Where are they???

LuckyBass13
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Ya know, I used to welcome every new memebers, but I stopped because it seem like only 5% of them stay, or being involves.. what happend to 95% of them? are they just take advantage of our informations?? or what??

Gentleben
10-04-2009, 11:18 AM
There is alot to what you are saying most of the people have to sign up now to read our posts and see our pics and for the most , yes they are looking for information..

Most people who left did not even know how to catch fish when they came to FTX , then they learned and then we are of no use to them. Some make their own boards and try to copy our style others go to different boards and share the info .

It is all the same we know who stays , who comes to the musters and the reasons , we know who catches the fish and who cooks and who contributes and that is all well and good .

I have shown alot of people the art of juggin g, how to troll for whites how to bream fish nad how to put on a muster

Many of those same people will not take the time of day to even tell you where they are catching the fish cause OMG the lake might get fished out..
They won't even contribute a pic of fish in the box . Now where would they be if we had not taken the time to post info and to take them fishing and show them how we caught our fish??
It gets discouraging sometimes , especially when the people you trust
take your info and build their own board with all of your members that you have gotten 1 at a time and then all of a sudden they have an instant board .

LB13, the Jesus you have on your signature will someday deal with each and everyone of those us , the selfish and greety people and there won't be no running and hiding.

The judgement; we will all give ccount of our lives ......... anyway fish on my brother !!

vett0111
10-04-2009, 11:55 AM
well put Ben.

I know I don't post much but I'll try to see what I can do LOl JK

Gentleben
10-04-2009, 11:58 AM
With 2130 posts under your belt I would say you hardly fall in that catagory:hammer::winner::scratchhead:

LuckyBass13
10-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Thank Ben, sometime I need be remind that God will take care of that.. but I am just alittle disappointed.. Ya know? again thank Ben.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
10-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Well put Captain

Negative thinks happen for a possitive to follow. After those people left I know the board took a turn for the better. I didn't see much of the members that contribute some much to the board now til the broke off. Jesus works in differnt ways. And take care of the good and not the bad.

Just look at our muster we had last weekend, beautiful weather. Compared to this weekends weather nasty, from rain to wind and lighting strike. Think about it.

As far of the newest members there will the ones that like Ben said just come to take our info and other that come but take awhile to come out of their egg shell until they feel comfortable or meet us.

We as a FishingTx family are a better bunch that the one in the past. More helpful,contribute more than recipes, and stick together and keep the board moving.

GILBERT G
10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
BEN:
your right VETTO doesn`t fall in that catogory with 2430 posting`s in
157 days of being a member that`s
15.4 postings per day. he`s a single man lol

Flathead Fred
10-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I didn't join to learn to fish, I know what I need to know, but always open to new advise from anyone.
Each has his own style, and special tricks, and special places to go. (if your any kind of fisherman, who's been fishin since you were 2yrs old)
THATS WHEN IT STARTED FOR ME..
I joined to make friends and have fun, and thats exactly what I'm doing. I have never looked at another fishing site.
As far as I know FTX is the 1 and only. Honestly, I dont have alot of time to look around on the PC, so when I was told of this site by Metalcutter, I locked in on it and Im HOOKED, and love it. YOU'RE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS AND GALS, WHY GO ANYWHERE ELSE. Keep it tight, my brothers.
See ya.:winner:

GILBERT G
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I don`t know why I join
but I`m glad I joined .
I have met alot of good people here.
and hope to stay friends with you all.

Gentleben
10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
:bolt:Fred you are an exception to teh rule , traditionally most people join to learn if nothing else where the honey holes are !!!!!!!:D

Metalcutterr
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I joined this site to get away from Fred. LOL

Lou The Fisherman
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Everybody should know by now they biten in the mouth! ! ! Don't matter where you go they bite in the mouth. GentleBen and I went yestdy morning and caught 44. Everyone of them bit in the mouth!! I'm not good with my directions - don't know if they were south of the power lines or north of the power lines?? Where's that Kroger store at Ben??

Fred - how did you do in the back 40 pond??

Gilbert - you should be on pins and needles watching those cowboys about now. Think they gonna win it??

davejla
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM
LuckyBass, I have also learned that there are many visitors to the site that just try to soak up the info. You can't blame them! I haven't even taken advantage of any of the catfishing advice on here which is about 98% of the site but since I have joined we sparked up a bass club. I will be proud to say I was there since the beginning. The one thing that got me hooked was the dedication to teaching and also learning that the diehards on the site are involved with. Truly a fishing family that I am glad to be a part of.

kingwoodcatfisherman
10-04-2009, 09:23 PM
There are many reasons people join up . Information , knowledge, enjoyment , or they may know someone here and was invited . I think many of the individuals here who are active are active because they have made a connection with one or more people here on the site.

I have a little different theory on why someone has joined up and then never posts again and that is that they never made a connection with anyone here on the site so they don't have the connection. A few that I have met just tell me that they like to read and are not posters but when I think about these people that are like that I really can't say that they have had much involvement or have established any close bonds or friendships with any of our members. So I think that it is great they we have been able to do things together these last few months such as musters, white bass fishing , jugging, jug building and eating out socials . I have gotten to be great friends with all of you who have attented these functions and I can say about all of you have been more actively involved on the site since then !

So please just keep that in mind with these new folks . It is very important that we try to get them invovled as quickly as possible so we can make that "connection" with them !

katjim00
10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I was on 2cool most of the time, but that was mainly due to the rc car forum. When I sadly stopped doing that I started reading the freshwater forum.

The only talk on there was livingston and white bass fishing and stripper fishing. Very little "real" bass fishing. I did lots of that stuff for years while I was in college. Easy way to put protien on the table.

I was looking for something more and came across this site. Everyone is really helpful which is nice. Freshwater discussions are of all types of species. That is what I am looking for. And most people don't mind saying what they were fishing with and where they were fishing, I see the other side to.

Everyone seems like good people on here and that is why I come back.

Oh----dynamite catches all species and no other bait is required ;)

baitfish
10-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm still here, hope everyone finds my posts as helpful as the ones I have found. I've been out so much the past weeks I haven't even been on line. It is a little hard I must say to get involved with you guys from down south though, It's hard for me to make it down that far, and there's not many members I know of up here. The last time I was there I had only been a member a few days looking for info on Conroe, which I did infact get. And now deer season here and it's even harder. The wife hates this time of year. But I am going to make more of an effort to be more involved with the site and it's members this year. As always, I enjoy the site and am proud to be a member. I tell evryone I can about it. I need to get some decals pretty quick for my boat. Everyone keep up the good work and god bless.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
10-05-2009, 09:58 AM
No matter what reason people joing fishingTX for they are welcome to come and read, participate, or do as they choose. Some people are on a long while before becoming active and some may never be. Some people are not very good with a keyboard, but may be deadly with a rod&reel or jugs. Others may nave nothing to add but enjoy just reading and learning.

Lou The Fisherman
10-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey baitfish, hope you make it to our Nov. Muster for sure. I'm sure you fish Limestone a bunch since you are from Mexia. I had a place at Limestone for about 16 yrs (up big lambs creek cove). Sold it about 5 yrs ago.

We can swap some fish stories at the Muster.

BassingtxLady
10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm still here, hope everyone finds my posts as helpful as the ones I have found. I've been out so much the past weeks I haven't even been on line. It is a little hard I must say to get involved with you guys from down south though, It's hard for me to make it down that far, and there's not many members I know of up here. The last time I was there I had only been a member a few days looking for info on Conroe, which I did infact get. And now deer season here and it's even harder. The wife hates this time of year. But I am going to make more of an effort to be more involved with the site and it's members this year. As always, I enjoy the site and am proud to be a member. I tell evryone I can about it. I need to get some decals pretty quick for my boat. Everyone keep up the good work and god bless.

You might consider starting a thread and invite any members in your area to participate and post some thoughts about what they fish for and how they are doing. Worth a try.

An alternative is to get other people who fish in your area to join the forum.

Craig
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
People join this site for many different reasons, and the participation may be based upon the fellowships created. I joined this forum over a year ago and mostly read. I've fished my entire life so it wasn't so much about stealing anyones information or honey holes, it was more about reading about one of the things I enjoy, fishing, the same reason I subscribe to fishing magazines. In January I posted about a fundraising bass tournament on Conroe for New Caney High school, none of the people who are main stream on this board now ever responded other the Scott. No one from the site showed up to donate, help out or anything else. I think that was mainly because the people on here didn't know who I was or really didn't care about the cause I support,and thats ok, we made a little bit of money for the project graduation . I do belong to other sites, I also have a face book and myspace page. I became a little more prone to posting after my wife suggested we attend the muster at LHM, I'm glad we did. I met some real nice people, got more involved and enjoyed a heck of a night on the water with Jeff and Rodsmith. I haven't done much fishing since but look forward to hopefully spend a night on lake Houston with Jeff as maybe he can show my brother in law how exciting jugging can be. I also look forward to the white bass action next spring now that I know some of the people that are out there. This past year I walked right by Jeff and Vetto at the the park store because I didn't even know who they were. A lot of the people who are now main stream posters are people that all know each other, work with each other, so its comfortable to them. So Jeff hit it on the head, its trying to get more of the people involved and meet each other at the dinners and small musters that helps get people involved. I met Lou at Jeffs house at a jug making party, metalcutter at a muster and at a wing dinner I found that a guy on my street is also a member. My wife joined back up to the gym so that she could work out with Freds wife after meeting her. It all has to do with comfort zones and getting to know people and becoming familiar with them.
There are several people on this board that also belong to other boards.
And I happen to be one of them. But for me, I love the outdoors and I enjoy reading about the good times people are having out on the water. Thats just my 2 cents for what its worth.

rasali50
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
I f this is truly a christian fishing site as our banner depicts then our main focus should be fishing for souls and not just fish primarily. I think that if God has blessed you with a talent of catching fish or jugging that you should use it to His Glory. Used as a tool to befriend people and then introduce them to Christ. Trust me He is still the Catch of the Day!!!!! Always will be!

Not to sure if God or us should be too concerned about what the "other" site did or is doing. If you put Him first in all things ,He promises to take care of the rest. ref. (Matt. 6:33)

Remember : If you catch 'em - He'll clean 'em

ROS

Craig
10-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I like the way you put that rasali50!

Lou The Fisherman
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Excellent post from everyone about fishingtx and what it stands for. Putting a face with the name and getting to know each other a little bit is what it's all about. That is when you really start sharing information and having fun together in the wonderful outdoors that our Good Lord has provided for all of us.

baitfish
10-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Hope I make it Lou and get the chance to meet everyone.

vett0111
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Baitfish You should try and make it to the Muster. The FTX family is like no other. The more we get together the more fun we have. I'm sure Jeff and the jugging crew would like to have someone to have fun at the Catfish Rodeo.

vett0111
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I f this is truly a christian fishing site as our banner depicts then our main focus should be fishing for souls and not just fish primarily. I think that if God has blessed you with a talent of catching fish or jugging that you should use it to His Glory. Used as a tool to befriend people and then introduce them to Christ. Trust me He is still the Catch of the Day!!!!! Always will be!

Not to sure if God or us should be too concerned about what the "other" site did or is doing. If you put Him first in all things ,He promises to take care of the rest. ref. (Matt. 6:33)

Remember : If you catch 'em - He'll clean 'em

ROS

Well put rasali50:cheers: