PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed

chicken...
01-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Howdy Folks,

Not sure if this is the right place, but it's been really difficult to find work :bang:. I have been unemployed since September as the engineering industry has been in a tailspin. I am a Civil/Structural Designer with extensive management experience and have 35 years experience. I am not opposed to leaving this field if there is an opportunity that fits my skills. I have a resume although I am rewriting it, but can send you the one I have right now if you want to take a look, just pm me and I'll get it to you. Thanks to all for keeping an eye and ear open for me :)

kingwoodcatfisherman
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't know if I can do any thing to help but I will add you to my prayer list .

chicken...
01-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't know if I can do any thing to help but I will add you to my prayer list .

Don't know if you can do anything? Prayer is VERY POWERFUL and I have been doing my part. I have faith there will be an answer to prayer and I appreciate you adding me to your prayer list.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
01-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Its tough out there and it doesn't look like its getting any better. But we will also keep you in our prayer.

vett0111
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I'll keep eyes and ears out for you. Prayers will go out

willie
01-16-2010, 05:09 AM
try oxychem. i think we are a few short on engineers. www.oxy.oxychem.com

Gentleben
01-16-2010, 05:43 AM
We'll pray for you and you can send your resume to [email protected] they are always hiring engineers ..............if you want to get hired don't tell them you know me bwhahahhahhah...:captain:

MaxPro
01-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Well here is my 2 cents.... http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/search_job_results.asp?JobCategory=7

Check out the link above its from a web site called Rig Zone. There is a bunch of jobs that fit your discription of experiance. The oil and gas industry is picking up there is alot of work scheduled for this year.

chicken...
01-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Guys I cannot express how much I appreciate your replies. It is getting dismal here and you all have brought a ray of sunshine on this otherwise gloomy day. willie and Gentleben you have a pm from me and MaxPro I sent you an email.

Thanks again. . . . .

SouthernCatdaddy
01-16-2010, 11:12 AM
My good friend works for French engineering in Houston maybe spring? He says there really busy don't know if there hiring but maybe worth calling.

chicken...
02-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Howdy Folks,

Just wanted to thank everybody for their prayers and to keep the prayers coming as I am still unemployed. Although I have started my 6th month of unemployment and things are getting urgent, I believe in prayer and have faith God will answer those prayers.

jighed
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Micheal Berry on AM 740 KTRH at 5pm is doing "28 jobs in 28 days". I hear a little of it on my way home. Here is the link to companies that have called in looking for employees. Good luck.
http://www.ktrh.com/pages/Berryjobs.html

jighed
02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Go and get it.

Date: 2.2.10
Company name: Slack & Co. Contracting, Inc.
Contact person: Alexander Joseph
Phone number: 713-731-3636
E-mail address to send resumes: [email protected]
Pay for position (MUST be specific): $58,000 + Benefits
Type of position: Project Manager (Construction)
Location: Houston Metro area (Home office: 288 @ 610 South Loop)
Background needed: 5+ Years of Project Management Experience or 5 to 10 years of Assistant PM experience. Must have TxDOT project experience. Degree in Construction Management or Engineering is helpful but not mandatory. Civil Construction experience is very helpful. Must have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Primavera, Outlook).
What the job actually does: General Description - Manages the development, execution and completion of civil construction projects in accordance with the values and standards set forth by the company.

Scotta
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Odly slacks' new office off holmes rd was the last electrical job i didTeriific info jig and I will still be praying

chicken...
02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks jighead, I'm on it.....

irfishyir2
02-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Howdy Folks,

Just wanted to thank everybody for their prayers and to keep the prayers coming as I am still unemployed. Although I have started my 6th month of unemployment and things are getting urgent, I believe in prayer and have faith God will answer those prayers.

Chicken, the company I retired from is still hiring part time folks to reset grocery stores in the Houston area...the pay aint much, like $10 hour but you can get about 30 hours a week til ya find something permanent. If you're interested, pm me and I'll send you the info....

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
02-15-2010, 08:03 AM
My heart goes out to you.
Does anyone else find this disturbing?
A person with a college Degree in Engineering and many years of experience in construction management not being able to find a job in Houston, of all places.
I'm sure you have always believed, as I have, a person with a college degree could always get a Good Job.
This shows how bad the economy really is.
I feel this will all turn around one day and I do hope it's soon, as more and more people face unemployment.
Keep the faith.
As Honest Abe said "and this to shall pass"

Lou The Fisherman
02-15-2010, 09:00 AM
You bet Jackie this is very disturbing. An engineering degree in Hou is almost automatic but not today. Now it looks like NASA's budget is going to get whacked and thousands of Engineers will be out of work and Obama just whacked the plant in Katy that builds the Hummers for Military which means hundreds more jobs will be lost. Obama doesn't like Texas for whatever reasons and it hurts a bunch.

Prayers are going out for the unemployed where you and your families can get back to normal.

Scotta
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I feel you frustration Chicken. Electrical Engineering. EE from Texas. 4 certifications: AC circuit design. DC circuit design. Consumer electronic repair. Electronic product servicing. SCR's VFD's PLC's!!!! IF it has an ancronym, I have worked, designed or atleast gave a good staring! I have a lot of time invested but yet cant buy a steady job. I have some consulting work in Nigeria on the horizon. Almost funny! Have to go to Nigeria to find work when you live in the good ole USA! Good luck Chicken.

Pacmansb
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure if I can help but I work at Worley Parsons as a PDMS Pipe Designer and have 0 stroke in aiding some one in getting a job.
However, I'll gladly take a resume and put it in the right hands.
WP is an engineering design firm.
I hope it helps as unemployment sucks.
I did 4 months worth of unemployment and nearly lost everything!
I was less than 30 days from a forcloseure on my house.
Took a crappy job for salery and got raped for hours. I did two 90 hour weeks back to back.
I went back to school and got a Certificate of Technology in Engineering Design Graphics from San Jacinto Community.
I'm still working my way up and it is a slow process to say the least.
If I take a few more classes I'll have an associates degree.
I have to knock out some basic courses like college math and English 2 etc..
So there is hope, I'm living proof of that.
I'll cross my fingers and say some prayers for the both of you!
Chicken send your resume to [email protected] and I'll pass it on.
Scott I'm not entirly sure what it is you do but if you are familure with WP and think you have skill set for it send yours as well.
It cant hurt to look and try.
Pac

http://www.worleyparsons.com/Pages/default.aspx