PDA

View Full Version : Pics Of John3:16 and Family Feeding the Homeless from Saturday 3/6

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-08-2010, 06:08 PM
So I was really moved by this Saturday . After juggling all night Friday with Russell and john . I went with john and his family to this feeding the homeless event which is every Saturday morning . We cooked up a bunch of catfish early Saturday morning . I donated to john 20 pounds of fish mix that we have had left over from about three musters ago . We were pressed for time but we arrived there with the cooked catfish just two minutes before they started ! They had two very large tables full of food , drinks , and desserts ! I would estimate over 75 people . They started serving around 9:30 . John wasn't kidding but in about thirty minutes every single piece of food in every serving pan was completely gone ! Nothing went to waist .

A few of those guys really got excited over the fish being there !! I was very moved by going to this ! We have some really great people in this world that take time out of their Saturday mornings every week to feed these less fortunate people .

Next time I do this , I will bring my frying equipment and my two large pots so we can cook alot more fish for them !

The second pic down , The guy with the cool hat is the one who organized this mission project . John can fill in more details of the history and origination .

Again , keep in mind that all of this food was totally gone in about 30 minutes !!

KittyCatcher
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
What a wonderful project. Give us a little background on this event. Who puts it together, who are the volunteer's, where is it held. Is it done by the ARK?
Thanks for the Pics and your actions are speaking volumes...

BassingtxLady
03-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Jeff, thanks for telling us a little more. great pictures.

Gentleben
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Guys thanks for puttin on this feeds for the homeless!!!

Good book says to give freely ," freely you have received, freely give "!!

John3:16
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Ben actually we did not host the event. These are put on by Compassion United. This is a ministry that was started by a friend of mine from The Ark. They actually serve mainly breakfast foods but they will take anything. Various churches from our area take turns hosting the events and I just cook and bring fish, tortillas, and hot sauce for fish tacos. Any one that is interested in getting involved can PM me and I can get you in touch with the right people. Thanks, John

vett0111
03-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Very cool guys. Keep up the great work

Bass Fishin Tejanos
03-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Looks like yall had a lilttle muster there guys. LOL Great job helping those that need the extra help. Keep up the good work

Craig
03-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm proud to know that I'm a member of a forum with such compassionate people! I'm sure those that were fed are very appreciative of what ya'll did. Thanks guys for sharing!

BigMike005
03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Ditto to Craig's post!! WTG guys!

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm ready for next Saturday john . Got 73 catfish cleaned and ready to go ! My wife leaves for a week at 5:00 am . If we want to meet at my house and cook here, I don't And if we want to come back and have our own Ftx party and fish fry at my house afterwards , we can do that .

goodgreen
03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
God bless you guyz! The world needs more people like ya :applause:

kingwoodcatfisherman
03-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Meet up with john this morning around 7:30 . We cooked two huge pans of catfish for them . John went by Taco Cabana and bought six dozen tortillas and a bag of hot sauce . They ate everything that we took within about 15 minutes. We were a little taken back from one of the helper's negative comments about us bringing catfish to a breakfast . Many of the folks that we were serving were extremely excited about the catfish ! I told john it was funny how both his catfish trays were both empty while the pans with the sausage and pancakes was still about 30% left ! LOL

vett0111
03-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Cool deal Jeff. Don't let Neg comments bother you. Keep doing what your doing.

goodgreen
03-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Meet up with john this morning around 7:30 . We cooked two huge pans of catfish for them . John went by Taco Cabana and bought six dozen tortillas and a bag of hot sauce . They ate everything that we took within about 15 minutes. We were a little taken back from one of the helper's negative comments about us bringing catfish to a breakfast . Many of the folks that we were serving were extremely excited about the catfish ! I told john it was funny how both his catfish trays were both empty while the pans with the sausage and pancakes was still about 30% left ! LOL

That helper must not have ever been hungry before... Im sure it didnt matter if it was fried fish or dried cereal the gesture was appreciated:dinnertime: