View Full Version : R.V. Burgin, a real WWII hero, writes his book

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
03-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Mr. Burgin is a friend of mine and has fished with me a number of years. Several books have been written about battles he fought in and he is mentioned by name and quoted in them. A marine who fought in WWII. A true hero and is featured in the HBO movie "The Pacific". Mr. Bergin has written his own book on his life from childhood to the present. Here is one review on the book. He called me last night and it has already sold over 34,000 copies. A link to a review in the DMN.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-bk_islands_0307gd.ART.State.Bulldog.4b91cf0.html

Bass Fishin Tejanos
03-09-2010, 07:27 AM
thanks for the link Jackie. i love reading about our history and leartning about what our american hero had to live thru during wars. i may going to have to pick up a copy of the book. Thanks again

vett0111
03-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the link Jackie.

Charles Ellis
03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Very interesting review.I'll have to get a copy of it.
I would like to recomend "****'s Guest" by Col.Glenn Frazier.
He was taken at Batan and was on the death march.He spent the rest of the war as a prisoner and his book is his telling of his experiences.I was priveliged to meet him and have my copy signed.In my mind he is but one of many HEROES of that war.