View Full Version : If you saw

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
03-31-2010, 07:33 AM
someone breaking some game or fish laws would you?
ignore it
say something to them
call the game warden

eastexasoutdoors
03-31-2010, 07:48 AM
I guess it would depend on what it was they were doing.
If it was intentional or just by mistake. I know a law is a law,
but every situation is different. Just my thoughts.

Lou The Fisherman
03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
If they are a fish or two over the limit, no big deal. I might remind them that those couple fishes can get real spendy in a hurry. I personally use a counter and I still sometimes lose count and have to take them all out of the "ICE" chest and recount.

Now if someone is gill netting and purposesly trying to catch everything that swims, then we will have some words and yes I would call the game warden especially if their attitude got out of whack.

Everyone needs to abide by the laws to the best of their ability.

KingTut
03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Call 1-800-throw his %&*$ in jail!

CastnBlast
03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
If it's blatant, I'm callin' the GW. That would include catching fish by illegal means, way over limit, shooting game out of season, etc.

One fish over limit or 1/2-inch too short . . . not too worried about it, but as Lou said, I would probably give them a friendly reminder.

ezdaar
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
I call the GW, I dont play around.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse! Is what they tell me everytime I talk with a GW or LEO.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
03-31-2010, 02:11 PM

Good one bud

gator
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
If it's blatant, I'm callin' the GW. That would include catching fish by illegal means, way over limit, shooting game out of season, etc.

One fish over limit or 1/2-inch too short . . . not too worried about it, but as Lou said, I would probably give them a friendly reminder.

word for word

goodgreen
03-31-2010, 06:52 PM

LMAO!

Gentleben
03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
I like KingTuT's philosphy, back when I used to ride shotgun for A texas GW i saw many instances where he could have busted them and many times when he did not , like somene else said it is on the GW discretion so stay safe and on the right side of teh law:hang:

vett0111
03-31-2010, 11:42 PM
If they are a fish or two over the limit, no big deal. I might remind them that those couple fishes can get real spendy in a hurry. I personally use a counter and I still sometimes lose count and have to take them all out of the "ICE" chest and recount.

Now if someone is gill netting and purposesly trying to catch everything that swims, then we will have some words and yes I would call the game warden especially if their attitude got out of whack.

Everyone needs to abide by the laws to the best of their ability.

I agree with Lou. Depends on situation.