PDA

View Full Version : toll road

GILBERT G
04-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I was sent a notice from the Toll Road Authority that I need to register my trailer (boat ) with them in order to use the Toll Road
I have a tag on my truck but now they want the Boat trailer
have ya`ll heard of this ? just got it yesterday

BassingtxLady
04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I have pulled my boat down the toll road several times, but not in the last few months. The sticker doesn't cost anything for a car, so the boat sticker might also be free. I think they charged me one time for my boat but I am not positive.

gator
04-09-2010, 05:09 PM
read the signs fellows charged per axle they charge for trailers thats why i'm opposed to all toll roads

bearwhiz
04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I used to pull my boat through there and they sent me one of their letters saying I had 3 or more violations and they wanted to charge me $50.00. I called and they said that I needed to call them everytime I was going to pull my trailers through the toll booth and give them the trailer tag so they could change it in the computer as each tag could only have one license plate number. After i was finished I could call them back and put the truck license number back. I told the lady that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard of so she said I could BUY and second tag for each trailer and be charged twice everytime I went through. It's aggravating as I have a sticker on all of my vehicles as I use the toll road alot.

clu35
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I have never had this but they have lost my tag multiple times in the system it gets kind of annoying getting these letters. When i got a new tag then lady at the counter said that you didnt have to do anything for a trailer but if you have noticed the new KATY toll road on I10 bans all trailers.

bearwhiz
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I took the license plate off of my low boy trailer and threw it in the back seat so they can take all the picture they want and can't trace it.

Scotta
04-09-2010, 08:48 PM
They do charge per axle and my skeeter had a tandem trailer. I just kept going, I guess I was lost in the beauiracracy they call.......Never mind! I did fish fayette a lot and used the toll a lot. Gator, I went to Mount Belviue today to a company called pol-tex about a electrician job. Might have to move your way. Went through Dayton today and kept telling Bethany, my gopod buddy Gator I mean Tom lives here. She was like, "Who?" We have been together four years but she doesnt know everyone. lol. Long way to go for work so I would movbe shortly after Lybia.

Gentleben
04-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Dang; running red lights and now evading toll both fare ,what's with that???:icon_redface:Nobody rides for free!!!22936

I was sent a notice from the Toll Road Authority that I need to register my trailer (boat ) with them in order to use the Toll Road
I have a tag on my truck but now they want the Boat trailer
have ya`ll heard of this ? just got it yesterday

GILBERT G
04-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I`m not trying to get by with anything free
just wondering why they need my trailer license plate # if they charge per axel an I have a tag on my truck.
what if someone else is using my boat I`m going to have to pay cause it`s my boat trailer !

Gentleben
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Easy fix don't loan your boat out:hammer::bolt:What happens when you have an easy tag and try to sneak by with a trailer that's why they want the trailer tag

Bass Fishin Tejanos
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Money money money, that's all they ever want now a days.

I work on the westside of Houston right by the Beltway and I 10. Been working there for 10 years now. And used to pay tolls twice going in and twice back. It get really expensive really quik. Specially with this economy

So I started think like Gator. Now I take another route to work and safes me money to buy bait or lures. But I still kept my Easy Tag for emergencies.

vett0111
04-09-2010, 11:34 PM
I use Belt a lot. I haven't received any letters. I Don't want any either. LOL Might be something new. It's all a money game

GILBERT G
04-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Easy fix don't loan your boat out:hammer::bolt:What happens when you have an easy tag and try to sneak by with a trailer that's why they want the trailer tag

I don`t think it would matter cause in the photo it will show how many axels you are pulling an charge it to the vehicle`s tag #

I don`t know I`ll have to call an ? the matter

Scotta
04-10-2010, 06:34 AM
You know the world will never make everyone happy so it needs to just workl on me. Here is my issue. During rush hour I would understand charging me extra but my boat wasnt own the toll road except at 3 or 4 in the morning on a saturday or sunday. There is no one else on the toll at this hour.

Gentleben
04-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Don't get me wrong Gil I am not totally happy with it when it costs me to pay for something that has alerady been paid for and on top of all of that when you get your plate they charge you a road and bridge tax for it too!!

What we need to do is protest it by gettin the blood suckin politicians hand out of our pockets . I avoid toll rds all that I can even if it means driving on service road in stop and go traffic !!!!!!!!!!!I am not tight I just squeek.. when I walk:ball-chain:
I don`t think it would matter cause in the photo it will show how many axels you are pulling an charge it to the vehicle`s tag #

I don`t know I`ll have to call an ? the matter

GILBERT G
04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Yes Sir Mr Ben I agree these politicians are quick to take our hard earned money an your absolutely
right charging for something thats already payed for.

Scotta
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
NO CRAWFISHING, BACKPEDDLING OR CO-SIGNING!!

GILBERT G
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
NO CRAWFISHING, BACKPEDDLING OR CO-SIGNING!!

?????