View Full Version : Just a proud father giving thanks to God

longhorn daddy
05-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Hello Fishing tx family
Just wanted to share a proud moment with yall.Four years ago my wife and i moved my oldest son Mark to Austin to attend college.That was one of the hardest days i have had to face in my lifetime,after dropping him off and getting him settled in we returned home with out our son.When we layed down to sleep we both started crying because we realized that our son was not home.The next day at church i looked over to where my son usually sat and my emotions took the better of me, my son was not where he was supposed to be.I knew that one day i would have to let him go but did it have to be so heart breaking? Any way time does heal.Tomorrow my wife and i are heading back to Austin to watch my son Mark graduate from UT Austin, what a true blessing,It is going to be a two day deal .Saturday the commencemant will be at night in front of the tower, with firework and all the pomp and circumstance.To say that we are proud parents is an understatement.We thank God for His faithfulness to His Word.He promised that if we Honor our father and mother it will go well for us and my sons are both living in that promise.In closing i just want to encourage every parent to take advantage of the time you have now with you children cause sooner or later they will grow up and move away.May yall be Blessed this weekend and thanks for letting me share

ruskeltheblackbassman
05-20-2010, 08:58 PM
thanks for sharing.

Crappie4me
05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I know the feeling. 4 yrs. ago I drove my daughter to Texas Tech, got her moved in and settled. She was dropping me off at the airport to fly home, and I too could not keep the emotions down. It was tough on the whole flight back. Getting home and seeing her empty room was strange. I still had a son in the house, but it's just not the same . It was tougher taking her to Tech then it was walking her down the ailse, giving her to her husband to be. So i know the feeling.

vett0111
05-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Awesome stories guys Thanks for sharing.

Gentleben
05-20-2010, 11:45 PM
You all lucky, my kids moved out and left all their toys behind !!oops

Lou The Fisherman
05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Great family stories - tnx for sharing the experience.

kingwoodcatfisherman
05-21-2010, 10:57 AM
My oldest daughter is 13 . I'm sad just thinking about her going away for a week with The Church group this June . On the otherhand , long distance calls and communication technology is a heck of alot improved and cheaper than when we were in college . A laptop with a web cam would be cool !