View Full Version : Whats ya'lls opininon?

Crappie4me
05-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Sittin here DISCUSSING with a hard head.:bang: Most of ya'll know from my posts that I love crappie fishin. I prefer using jigs over minnows, but I will use them. I say, If I got a jig tied on, and catch a fish ( no matter what species ) I caught it on a jig. Now, if I tip the jig with a minnow, I say, I caught it on a minnow. My buddy says NO WAY! You caught it on a jig.
I see on some sites, espicially on some tournament sites where, when asked what they caught that winning fish on, they say " on a super silky, T-122 spider whatama jig tipped with a minnow " Now, whats up with that? Did they catch it on THE jig, or did the minnow get the bite?
I mean, if If the " pro " was just using minnows, should he say " I caught it on a such and such , gold plated swingamajig hook, tipped with a minnow" ????? Please set my buddy straight. I'm getting another drink!:applause:

ruskeltheblackbassman
05-21-2010, 08:55 PM
if he has a minner on a jig he caught it on a jig/minner, thats just my opinion. slow down on the drinks!! lol

Bass Fishin Tejanos
05-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Minnow wins.

If a fish hits a jig and only a jig = caught on jig

Now if you have a jig along with a minnow than that = caught on minnow

"Minnow acts as bait eating bait"= drawning in the paper mouth for the kill.

ruskeltheblackbassman
05-21-2010, 10:39 PM
sounds better than what i said bft. lol

vett0111
05-21-2010, 10:54 PM
I say it caught with a minnow.

Gentleben
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
The mnner wiggling round attracted the fish and that's his choice of food :confused:!!

Crappie4me
05-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys! My friend finally agrees with me, with the help of ya'lls input. ( of course it could've been the drinks ), but oh well HE AGREED :applause: I almost forgot what it feels like to have a day off. Was gonna hit Somerville on my way back from getting my boat, but I've been hurtin in the back area for a few weeks ( all the dang hrs ) and mama says I need to not get it all bounced around on a lake, that I need to rest it. She probably right, so I guess I'll hit my little secret bank spot on my way up. A guys gotta do SOME fishin. Ya'll have a good morn. :D

vett0111
05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Glad we could help. LOL Good luck