PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Ed Sullivan Show

Bass Fishin Tejanos
05-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I was watching channel 8 and they were airing the Classis Ed Sullivan and some of the famous Rock n' Roll acts of the great late 50's early 60's. The Beatles first show in The U.S, the Mammas and Pappas, The Four Seasons with their "Big Girls don't Cry"hit. Boy those were the days. I wish I could of been around in those years.

What are some of yalls favorite songs for back in the days? Any stories you guys would like to share of yalls crazy days from back then maybe.

vett0111
05-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Were you watching channel 8 or history channel??? LOL Jk
Your showing your age there " E ". Isn't that right Lou?

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Jerry Lee Lewis doing "Great Balls of Fire" in about '56 or '57
When you hit Ed Sullivan you was world wide.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
05-29-2010, 11:50 PM
I never would of realized that his show would be such a huge stepping stone for so many English bands.

bearwhiz
05-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I can remember as a kid sitting with my parents watching the Ed Sullivan Show on Sundays nights. I think it was on CBS. After that it was Bonanza on NBC.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
05-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Even a boy from Memphis, Ten was on the show and went on to have a hit or two. Believe his name was Elvis.
Back in those days you had ABC, NBC, CBS and maybe an independent so four choices of TV stations, at the most.
Every kid watched Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger&Tonto, Cisco Kid, Gunsmoke, and The Mickey Mouse Club,(Annette was my girl friend-I shared her with about 6 million, or more other young guys.
At night it was Dragnet, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rebel, Wanted Dead or Alive, The Texan, Amos&Andy, Groucho (Who do you trust or Do you trust your wife), Patty Page, Whats My Line, I Love Lucy. Some of the good old times greats

bearwhiz
05-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Lets not forget the really good cartoons back then: Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, Oggy Doggy and Doggy Daddy, and the old Bugs Bunny cartoons. And don't forget Mighty Mouse.

muleherder
05-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah i remember that kid from Memphis singing You ain't nothing but a hound dog. All the old folks called him Elvis Pelvis and tried to ban him from TV for being too obscene.

And them I remember the juke box at the Student Union Building at Odessa College playing Gitarzan by Ray Stevens back to back to back for a week straight. Never did get so tired of one song in my life.

But the biggest stir had to have been all the kids in seventh grade talking about some English band on Ed Sullivan singing I Want To Hold Your Hand.

GILBERT G
05-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I was watching channel 8 and they were airing the Classis Ed Sullivan and some of the famous Rock n' Roll acts of the great late 50's early 60's. The Beatles first show in The U.S, the Mammas and Pappas, The Four Seasons with their "Big Girls don't Cry"hit. Boy those were the days. I wish I could of been around in those years.

What are some of yalls favorite songs for back in the days? Any stories you guys would like to share of yalls crazy days from back then maybe.

man now I know your Leg is really hurt !!!

watching the ED SULLIVAN Show .:114:

vett0111
05-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah i remember that kid from Memphis singing You ain't nothing but a hound dog. All the old folks called him Elvis Pelvis and tried to ban him from TV for being too obscene.

And them I remember the juke box at the Student Union Building at Odessa College playing Gitarzan by Ray Stevens back to back to back for a week straight. Never did get so tired of one song in my life.

But the biggest stir had to have been all the kids in seventh grade talking about some English band on Ed Sullivan singing I Want To Hold Your Hand.

MH You from Odessa?

vett0111
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
man now I know your Leg is really hurt !!!

watching the ED SULLIVAN Show .:114:

He watched it cause He didn't want to get up and get remote control from the counter. LOL JK

Bass Fishin Tejanos
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Ha ha, do I need to start a thread about the Johnny Canales Show.LOL.

GILBERT G
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
YOU GOT`IT , TAKE IT AWAY. lol

BFT we missed you at the Ranch we had a blast I`m sure you`ll hear about it I had a bad cough saturday nite so I
took a big Dose of COUGH SYRUP lol , oh yea the deer were right at the back of the ranch house where the creek is at an than that was early in the morning an than every evening we could see them in the far right hand side along the clear area Felipe planted Hay an they ( DEER ) just love that. we should be heading back here before long , hope you`ll be ready to go

Bass Fishin Tejanos
05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the report Gil. I'll have to see if my uncle Adam get an O.K to set up a feeder for this coming season.

muleherder
05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Nope. Midland High. On ye Bulldogs, On ye Bulldogs.