PDA

View Full Version : Astros 2005 Season Predictions

dwaynez
03-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I know there are a few baseball fans on this site, as everyone knows I am an Astros fan. Anyone want to make a prediction on how they will do this year.

I predict another trip to the playoffs, they have a strong rotation with Clemens, Oswalt, Backe, Pettite, Redding may be the 5th, but the team looks strong and after Berkman gets healthy the offense should really click Everett will have a big year as well.

Anyone else care to comment on this.

reedlv
03-15-2005, 01:49 AM
I would agree with all of your predictions except one. I think Pettite will go out with another injury. He has already missed a preseason game with a twisted ankle? I believe he will go out with more arm problems. I hope he does not let Houston down again.

dwaynez
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
reedlv

that is true, I hope he can turn it around and show what he can do, he is a really good picture, but if he starts having recurring injuries it could be another disappointment.

I think Clemens will have another great year, not the same as last year though, I am predicting 15-17 wins.

dwaynez
03-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Roy Oswalt should have anothe stellar year if he stays healthy and the Stros will have one of the best starting rotations in baseball, I also expect big things from Backe given the fact he will have a full year and post season success under his belt.

dwaynez
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Well last report I saw stated that Roger Clemens has a hamstring injury and is listed as day to day, this may be somehting minor or something major, because hamstring injuries can linger for a while.