PDA

View Full Version : Say Hello to "Mr. No Shoulders"

CastnBlast
06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Found this unwelcomed visitor in my garage last night. Thought it was a rat snake at first and was going to let him go . . . but that was not the case upon further inspection. Copperheads are pretty common around my house. Guess the recent rain must have them out and about. Reminds me that I better mow the grass soon! :icon_eek:

kingwoodcatfisherman
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I 've never seen one of those with a red ring around it's neck ! Lol

Lou The Fisherman
06-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Good catch and Rocky Road.

CastnBlast
06-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Good catch and Rocky Road.

Yessir, you could say I went "Uncle Ben" on him . . . :icon_mrgreen:

mikechell
06-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Okay, once again, I am going to advocate NOT killing snakes. There are people, listed in the phone book ... who will come to your house and capture these snakes.
That was a pretty copperhead, and the venom they milked from it might have saved many lives ... but not any more.

vett0111
06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Not one you want in your garage thats for sure.

Scotta
06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I feel you Mikechel but Ross Perot had a great saying, "See a snake. Kill a snake. Don't appoint a committee on snakes." I don't advocate killing snakes but that there is funny!!!!!! Looks like a clean kill to me.

CastnBlast
06-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Okay, once again, I am going to advocate NOT killing snakes. There are people, listed in the phone book ... who will come to your house and capture these snakes.
That was a pretty copperhead, and the venom they milked from it might have saved many lives ... but not any more.

I hear you, and I don't normally kill snakes much anymore. I definitely leave the non-poisonous alone, and poisonous snakes that I run across in the wild I would rather just watch them slither off. But poisonous snakes around the house are fair game . . . . especially when you got kids around and pets that like to be out in the yard. Not taking any chances . . .

KingTut
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
A very close friend of mine went out to his garage, opened his truck door and layed across the front seat to reach in the glove box. The copperhead under the truck struck him twice in the shin. He said the first hit was painless and he wondered what slapped him. The second hit was like being hit by lightning. He spent two weeks in the hospital and years later his leg still looks like he got ate by a chainsaw.

Just sayin'

kingwoodcatfisherman
06-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Those anti venom shots aren't cheAp either . My dad spent several thousand dollars a couple of years ago from a copperhead bite .

KayakingJ1
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah snakes are no joke. up in Montana my mom worked at the hospital. she had seen several snake bites there. she would always hound me about taller gass areas. We had diamond backs up there. i had to kill a few in my day. they would get under the houses and eat mice. gotta becareful. 22 works great with a head shot.lol