PDA

View Full Version : WHat is wrong with the world

Scotta
06-21-2010, 06:19 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/18/national/main6594067.shtml

You know I have been blogging about over zealous prosecuters applying laws to where the authors never intended them to be applied. This one defys logic and all semblence of common sense. HNistorically: Our forefathers were worried about the church being too powerful and copntrolling the govt, such as, The Church of England. Henmce, seperation of church and state. However, now because some aehteist has his own agenda, we are even entertaing taking the word GOD out of the pledge of allegiance. Seriously? Our forefathers did not intend this. Thew removal of the biblke from the courthouse......if any place needs it.

Now we have the 'toy gun' law applied to a one inch army man. This was implemented to keep an incident from ascalting due to realism of todays 'toy guns' The line that got me, 'if he replaced the army men with army men that didnt have guns' the hat would be appropiate. I was saddened, this person obviously never had the privelage of playing with army men. THE ALL HAVE GUNS THEIR ARMY MEN! What happened to common sense in this country! :hammer:

Scotta
06-21-2010, 07:32 AM
KListening to some guy this morning talk of the logic behind solving debt with more debt, reminded me of a personel experience. Two years ago, I had 23 credit cards 60,000 dollars plus in debt, boat loan, truck loan, house payment. I wasnt living within my means. Solution: Well, I didnt runout and get a loan and put money in the stocks trying to make revenue with MORE DEBT. I cut my spending. Cut up the credit cards and paid off the credit cards. Debt free! Dont quite understand the rational about solving debt with more debt.

Whats wrong with the world?

baitfish
06-21-2010, 08:06 AM
That just seems to be the way of the country today Scott, we don't have any many but we're gonna give some more away to those who are complaining about a slow economy. I wait for the day when Obama says we're gonna have to bail out BP cause they had to spend so much money for all this cleanup.

Gentleben
06-23-2010, 05:01 AM
My belief is God, is angry with America for a lot of reasons! Biblically speaKing He has and can destroy this country,Just look at Sodom and Gommorah.Get ready!

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
06-23-2010, 05:36 AM
"However, now because some aehteist has his own agenda, we are even entertaing taking the word GOD out of the pledge of allegiance. Seriously? "

Once again facts and fantasies are tangled up.
Back in about 1953 when I was taught the pledge it did not contain the words "under God", nor had it ever contained them. A very red scared congress was on witch hunt to rid this country of any and all communist. Many peoples lives were ruined, especially in show business. In other words rile up the religious right. Which is neither religious or right. They go along with every ones religion so long as it's the same as or mirrors there own.

BassBowl
06-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I seem to remember the words "under God" in the old pledge at my school...??

This was in california back in the sixties...when I was in grade school.

BB