PDA

View Full Version : Beast Feast - 9/27 - Jay Yelas - PLANNING PHASE

awmiller
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Each year my church holds an event for the outdoorsman called Beast Feast. Well this year the date is set for 9/27 (in Mansfield, TX) and our guest speaker is none other than Jay Yelas!!!!

Once we get all the details ironed out I'm going to be making a mass announcement (should be within the next couple of weeks). This event is for anglers and hunters and we're going to have something for everyone so don't miss out on this awesome event!!!

We'll be looking for sponsors and also those that would like to donate items for our raffles and door prizes so if you are interested, or know someone that would be, please let me know!!

We'll also be looking for those that can help with providing (and cooking if you can!!) fish for our fish-fry to go along with the wild game that we'll be serving.

See ya there!
~Alan

vett0111
06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a great event.

Jay Yelas ?? :winner:Winner of the 2002 Bassmasters Classic :winner: and an active leader in the Fellowship of Christian Anglers Society (FOCAS), most of all wants fans to know that he's "a Christian man who loves :flehan:Jesus.":flehan:

awmiller
06-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes...
Yes...
and
Yes!!!!

Jay Yelas .... the very one! This is going to be an awesome event just to be able to come and meet Jay and hear him speak. Not to mention all the door prizes, raffles, vendors, and the food!!! Oh the food.... fish.... elk.... wild hog..... and loads of side dishes like you wouldn't believe!!!

Come one, come all... don't miss this event!!!

More details to come!

awmiller
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Some have asked as to the sponsorships/donations... we're still ironing out that portion but here's a high-level view....

We're looking for donations (fishing and/or hunting related) to be part of the door prizes and drawings.

We're also going to have a huge area for vendors/sponsors to set up booths... sort of like what you'd find when ya went to the Fishing, Hunting & Outdoors show that they have at the Arlington Convention Center each January.

So if you're interested, please drop me a line.

More details to come!!

awmiller
06-30-2010, 08:46 AM
A few requests have been made with regards to ticket sales... in the next several days we'll be finalizing all the event details to include ticket costs.

Many questions are coming in with regards to what sort of donations are being accepted and if I can provide some sort of high-level run-down:

Keep in mind that this event is for both hunters and anglers. Hunting guides could donate a hunting trip of some sort. Better yet, come to the event and set up a vendor booth and help promote your services! Fishing guides can also donate a fishing trip of some sort (freshwater and saltwater alike!!). Come to the event and set up a vendor booth and help promote your services! Tackle Craftsmen can donate some of their products (jigs, lures, etc.). And we'd love to have you come set up a booth and showcase your craftsmanship!! Rod Builders too can donate rods and come to the event and set up a display booth! Bow and Arrow craftsmen can donate products and come set up a display booth! Any outdoors-related business is welcomed! Boating, camping, lodges, resorts... get in touch and come set up a booth and promote your business! Freshwater & Saltwater Fishing Clubs can offer up a free membership and be sure to come and set up a booth and promote your club!!! Hunting Clubs can offer up a free membership and be sure to come and set up a booth and promote your club!!!

These are just a few suggestions and the possibilities are endless! If you have any questions, please send me a private message (PM)!!

Thanks y'all!

awmiller
07-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Y'all get ready! The "official" announcement will be coming out shortly with all the details on how to get your tickets!!! Buy early before they sell out!!

awmiller
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey there! The "OFFICIAL" announcement has gone up! Check out all the event details by clicking on the link below!! Hope y'all can make it!

http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20872