PDA

View Full Version : Any boy scouts out there?

fishin'lunatic
06-29-2010, 06:35 AM
The son of a co-worker is receiving his Eagle Scout Award in a couple of weeks. We got an invitation to the ceremony and I was wondering, what would be a good gift for such and event? thanks

KingTut
06-29-2010, 11:43 AM
You might try a brouse through the Scout Shop on Loop 610 @ T.C. Jester Blvd. They'll have loads of stuff for the new Eagle Scout!

Did you know that NO man ever guarded a President of the United States that wasn't an Eagle Scout first? And did you also know that every man that ever set foot on the moon was an Eagle Scout first. Most FBI Agents were Eagle Scouts first as well! I could go on and on. A young man has so very many distractions in life that to commit to Scouts all the way to age eighteen in order to make Eagle Scout, and to do the work for all the many merit badges that lead to Eagle is a great feat only accomplished by 10% of the young men who try. Give him my sincere congratulations!

He is on his way to an abundant and fruitful life!

Lou The Fisherman
06-29-2010, 02:10 PM
X2 KT

Scotta
06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Tut, that is a strong atribution to the power of the scouts.

dbldaddy
06-29-2010, 06:20 PM
That is amazing kt. Never knew half that stuff. I drive past the boy scouts on 610 twice a day, real nice lookin place

Scotta
06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Tut, I hate to throw you under the bus but you must be an Eagle, that just soiunds like some facts they wouldf teach about themselves. bwahahahha. Still great info just didnt sound like mainstream info. Bunch of kids in dark sunglasses and trench coats would be running down to the recruitment office

GILBERT G
06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
it takes dedication to accomplish the EAGLE SCOUT BADGE
not only from him but also his Parents & Scout Master

Congratulations to them all

lightsource
06-29-2010, 07:42 PM
As the dad of a scout, I'll throw in that he probably has 6 or 7 hundred compases, flashlights, firestarter kits, and pocket knives. I think I'd quizz his folks and see what he LIKES about scouting - reaching Eagle consists of countless hours of camping, hiking, community service - there's a really broad range of Eagle reqirements, and some of the "obvious" gifts might be old hat to the boy.

In keeping with the spirit of FishingTX, find out if he likes to fish, and put together one of those small plastic utility containers full of swivels, sinkers, hooks... you know, the kind of things YOU'd like to have had an abundance of as a young man! (or corks, if you tend to fish in the trees like me)

kingwoodcatfisherman
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I think a nice pen like a Monte Blonk pen would be a cool gift that he would appreciate.

BassingtxLady
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
I was never a scout, but I have heard and read a lot about their accomplishments. In a previous life I had the pleasure of writing a few letters for Scouts moving to the Eagle ranking. I salute them all.

muleherder
06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Academy Gift Card. Maybe enough of them and he can get the Revo or Curado or ????? that he always wanted.

Lou The Fisherman
06-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Dead gum it Mulherder - you just stole my thunder - I wuz gonna suggest a AcaDEMY GIFT CARD. CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THAT.

vett0111
06-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Eagle Scout Award gets you a Revo or Curado ??? Where do I sign up at. LOL. JK

Academy or Bass Pro Shop Gift card I think would be a good gift.

muleherder
07-02-2010, 02:51 PM
For all the work to get there, Eagle Scout ought to be rewarded w Revo or Curado or something nice.