PDA

View Full Version : Lifes a wacky thing

Scotta
08-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Some of you may remember my good friend Shawn, he talks of fishing but always has work to do. lol. Anyway, I have been staying with him for a few days and we have 4 rigs to build for Union in Oklahoma, hopefully. and this offshore rig to cmmission just outside of St. Petersburg in Russia. Things have really been tough but looking up. I worked with Shawn at Ecco Drilling and we took that rig to Nigeria for Ecco International. He has hisown company and I am his electrical superintendent/ field technician. Friends like him you find once in a lifetime. I will be on day rate for Russia and salary for Oklaahome. Things hav been so great, I've had three job offers since attending meetings with him. Had an offer from full circle that bought my last company Foster and Hendricks. They want to re-open shop and build drawworks. Anyway, special thanks to Jackie for lending me an ear and thenks for all the prayers.

Such is the ways of the world. It's time to rise up, and play my ace in the hole. :hammer:

vett0111
08-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Glad it's looking up for you Scott. Prayers still going out for you bud

Snapshot
08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
scott, I am relatively new to the board and have enjoyed your posts and contributions. I anticipate you will continue to be part of this family for a long time. Life does change and sometimes we are down and out and then back on top of the things. Guess the best advise I have is that we have to learn to live with it and do the best we can from day to day. I do believe as many of you do, God will open another door for us when one closes as long as we keep our focus on his leadership. CHANGE, cannot live with it at times but cannot live without it either. Change is tough but each time we are hit with it, we will rise above the difficulties of it and become better people. I recently retired and believe me, that is a change that I have not gotten use to yet. Just not enough time to fish and hunt as I had thought there would be. Thanks to you and other members of the fishingtexas site, I am surviving and meeting others good people. Keep the faith and all we will be taken care of: sometimes it is in a different way than we though we would be though.. Good luck on the new adventures and Godspeed.

Scotta
08-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks Snap and vetto. Actualy fished this morning with his son. Good to be out on the water! Caught and bunch of bass then woke up and went fishing and got skunked. Such is life

mikechell
08-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Stay clean this time, Scott ... You've had more opportunities than any 5 other people.
Good luck on this run of "ace in the hole".