PDA

View Full Version : Close Call on I-10

jighed
08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Yesterday on I-10 near Monmouth, I was between a truck pulling a Boston Whaler and a suburban all doing 65+. I was admiring the boat when all of a sudden :icon_eek: BOOM BANG METAL GRINDING!! :icon_eek:. The boats right side lept up and crashed down swerving. I swerved left almost hitting the suburban. Looking back at the truck, on his brakes, I see what appeared to be leaf springs, hangers and bolts sliding down the road beside me, 65mph, and I hear tires squealing, it looked like his trailer axel broke cause the left tire appeared to be turning right. No one was injured and it was a wild 3 seconds.
After thinking about it, it almost looked like the front of the leaf spring fell down, stabbing into the pavement and acted like a catapault.

vett0111
08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
WOW. Good thing no one was hurt.

gator
08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
me and calvin has been there done that right lazya. not fun and bucks but insurance paid off and me doing work got a better axle now new tires and rims cool

1448 BASSIN
08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I've also had an axle break on my trailer about 10 years ago. But i guess i was one of the lucky ones, i was 200 yards from my driveway and only doing about 10 mph.

lazya8838
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
i am tryin to forget al that lmbo

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
08-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Salt water working miracles daily.

BassingtxLady
08-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Darn scary riding next to a broken axel doing 65+. :winner: Glad your vehicle was not involved.

Bill Barrick
08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Sounds like you held steady through the whole thing Jighead, glad no one was hurt.
I thought about losing a boat in 1959 when we moved to Harlingen working on airplanes. My new preacher invited me to go fishing with him in the bay and we went. As we came out to the highway I went back and shut the gate and down the road we went for about ten miles, when my new preacher friend looked in the mirror and exclaimed, where's the boat. We went back to find it at the gate like someone had backed it off the road out of the wayand parked it there. We hooked up and away we go again a little redfaced about the whole episode.