PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Creek Fishing Trip

BIGDAVE
03-26-2005, 10:15 PM
April 8, 9 & 10 are coming up soon. CajunDan asked for a head count a while back and I am asking for an update. I would like to keep this post as our official list so we can update as needed. All FishingTx members and or family/friends are welcome to come. These events are an opportunity for everyone to meet and fish, rain or shine. Consumption of alcohol is ok, as long as it is done responsibly. Cheryl Williams (webmaster) is our hostess. It will be held at Caney Cove Resort on Lake Ceder Creek. Caney Cove's phone number is 903-489-0639.

Attending are:
LarryG
Medulla
Dwaynez + Mom + Dad
Barbiez
BIGDAVE + Debbi + Levi

Pending:
TWT + wife
Dpiper
Maki
Swing
JonW
Teamgonzo
Algonzo
Randy

Gentleben
03-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Dave if you going I will be there :shock: :oops: ,

BIGDAVE
03-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks Ben. We can go together. We will firm up the details later.

Gentleben
03-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Scartch Cheryl and Bubba , Cheryl has illness in the family andBubba got his feelings hurt causin he did not get any soap so there :lol: :shock:
Is CD gonna be there ??One post he is gonna be there, then he not, then he is, just hwat is it CD we counting on you boy!!!

BIGDAVE
03-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Dang, hate to here that.

trombone13
03-27-2005, 09:00 AM
I wish I could join you fine people, but the distance is too far from Mom & Dad; I will be praying to Almighty GOD for all of your safety & happiness
on your muster.
Bob

BIGDAVE
03-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Immediate family always comes first Bob. We understand. Thanks, for letting us know.

Gentleben
03-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Lookin pretty bleak Dave, looks like ain't gonna be very many folks,and now i may have to cover ot with this TC thing

Terry D
03-28-2005, 07:50 AM
I want be there Shutdowns start April 1st. There will be no fishing for me till after April at least

dwaynez
03-28-2005, 08:44 AM
trombone

take care of the family first, the fish will always be there.

We will say a prayer for you and your family as well

dwaynez
03-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Hopefully this muster will still be a success, even if we have a smaller crowd we can still have a good time.

I will be there early friday afternoon.

BIGDAVE
03-28-2005, 06:39 PM
I here you Terry. We got one in May. Thanks for letting us know.

I don't know Dwaynez? This Muster is looking like a dried up Texas creek bed in late summer. Just a few places holding water. Who knows, maybe we will get a flash flood by this weekend.

dwaynez
03-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Well I will be there for sure, I took the time off work as did my wife and I already booked a cabin so even if it's a low turnout I will be there, hopefully we will get a few more people to show up.

JonW
03-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Dave, what's the number to the campground you're staying at?

I'm leaning more and more that way.

BIGDAVE
03-30-2005, 05:12 AM
The number is 903-489-0639. I called yesterday just to confirm my reservations and found they relocated me to site F9.

Larry G
03-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Just remember guys, the famous Medulla is going to be there. Y'all can't miss that action! The press will be there and I hear by the grape vine that several big named fishing guides will be there to get some pointers from Joe. I'm going to sleep for three days prior so I can keep up with him. Dwayne, you will have to poke me in the ribs to keep me going though! I think today I will slip down there and stake out a fish'n hole. Ben.....ya going to make it? TWT? Piper and crew? Gonzo boys? Randy, ya gunna drag your boat up here? How about some of you other maybes Steve, drag your boat over here and we will have a painting party. We could make it a Hippie Catwagon real fast. Over and out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

flatcats
03-30-2005, 06:19 AM
It sounds like a first class time but I won't be able to be there Larry. I'm enrolled for school and there's no way I could possibly make it time wise. What a bummer.

Gentleben
03-30-2005, 07:15 AM
I'm still lookin at shift coverage at that time, but it sure sounds like it will be a riot , Ben or no Ben :shock: :oops: .

Gentleben
03-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Ya all don't for get the world famous computor guruwill be the deckhandfor the Maximum Medulla Force

medulla762
03-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Dog gone it now Larry, why do you want to go and jinx me like that...hahaha...

Have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to this trip!!!!

dwaynez
03-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Larry

No problem, when the cats start biting the adrenaline starts flowing and we will all be wide awake.

dwaynez
03-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Steve

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, but we will get some pictures posted and tell you all the tales of what went on. Sooner or later we will all be able to get together and catch some fish.

dwaynez
03-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Ben

Hope you will be able to make it for the muster, but work is work and it does come first.

dwaynez
03-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Medulla

I look forward to meeting you and sharing some fishing knowledge

CajunDan
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
DADgummit........................I got wrangled into working... not really wrangled but the boss asked then looked sideways at me when I hesitated.
How late will ya'll be there Saturday night and/or Sunday? I can maybe talk momma into letting me come Saturday after I get off, around 6 pm.

Medulla, I'll give ya a shout this weekend and fill ya in on where the bite is.

dwaynez
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
CajunDan

Hope you can stop by for a few, I will be there until sunday sometime then I am headed up to Bossier City for a day

JonW
04-01-2005, 04:55 PM
I called and reserved our campsite. I guess we'll go as early as we can Friday and head for Tennessee Sunday.

Larry G
04-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Just came from the site. I've never paid much attention to it but found that it is much larger then it looks. Nice and clean looking and great water area. Not sure if I will be able to get under the bridge to the main water with my boat though. Probably can if we duck down. Anyway we will "cross that bridge" when time comes. :D

BIGDAVE
04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Larry do you have or know where we can get a BBQ pit and some pit wood?

Larry G
04-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Downtown Eustace, which isn't that far. Look on the map. Up 198 to 316 and into Eustace. Right down town on 175. As far as the pit? Dun't no. I don't remember seeing one on the site but that doesn't mean that there isn't one already there.

JonW
04-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Dave, I've got a little bit of seasoned oak in my barn I use exclusively for BBQ.

BIGDAVE
04-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks John! I have plenty of firewood. The problem is getting it up there with a BBQ pit, not to mention the rest of the gear.

JonW
04-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll be more than happy to carry what I can. I will be somewhat limited by two things:

1. I won't be coming home
2. We'll be packed for a two week vacation

If there's something I can take I'll be glad to.

BTW, Andrea wanted me to make sure Debbie's going.

BIGDAVE
04-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks, for the offer John. I know you need all the room you have for your vacation. That's why I havn't asked, your family comes first. I have everything we need but just can't seem to get it there and back with one truck. Debbi won't drive my other truck that far and I can't blame her (no AC). Ben and I had it worked out but that fell through. I don't see how he could make the trip anyway after working all night. So..... this is where I throw in the towel. I am putting this one on the shelf for another time. Dwaynez, Medulla and Larry ya'll take lots of pictures so you can rub it in.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
BIGDAVE

dwaynez
04-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Larry

thanks for the post on the condition of the site.

dwaynez
04-04-2005, 07:47 AM
It looks like this muster is going to be very slim to say the least, can we get an updated listed of who is going to be there.

I am in Cabin #23 at Sunny Glen, I will be there early friday afternoon until sunday morning and then I am headed to Bossier City/Shreveport for a few days.

medulla762
04-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I'll be there late Thursday and will leave Sunday noonish.

Screened shelter #1.

dwaynez
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Cool Medulla

I will see you there,

Gentleben
04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
After some very serious deliberations and soul searching it came right down to the fact that I just could not make the trip and for that I a truely sorry guys ya'll catch em all for me

dwaynez
04-07-2005, 01:10 PM
will do ben and will post the results

Thin Water Tracker
04-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Well It looks like I'm knocked out of the running. Threw my back out last Sunday and I'm still not standing up strait. I was hoping it would line out bay the weekend but There's no way I need to try and push it more than I have aready have. I know it going to be a great trip. CC is full of good cats. I think Larry has made that be known.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-10-2005, 04:48 PM
hope i wasnt the only only driving all around east texas trying to find the place and whos where, and when stuff. naturaly everyones contact info got left on the kitchen counter, phone numbers, ect. **** the dallas fortworth maps were in the saddle bags. dah. talked to dwanz on the phone told im i would probly be there sat afternoon. 0h well utter than super gust of wind trying to blow me in the pasture. It was a heck of a nice ride.

dwaynez
04-13-2005, 08:40 AM
I arrived Friday and stayed at the worst place on earth Sunny Glen Resort, the place should be shutdown for being in such poor shape. I will post some pics later and give more details

I got to meet Larry and his wife and spend a little time on the water, looks like we were the only ones who made the drive down and showed up for the Muster or gathering. It was nice to meet larry and talk fishing and I want to thank him and his wife for their hospitality, too bad no one else could make it. The fishing was slow and since no one showed my group left saturday morning and headed for LA and some descent accomodations.