hey ya`ll have you ever had a fish called SWAI it`s a Vietnamese fish
from the Catfish family it is the best tasting catfish I have ever had
all white meat an fry`s very well. I highly recommend it

Lou The Fisherman
09-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Nope - I can't cast as far as Viet Nam.

vett0111
09-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Bawhahaha Lou sounds like you need to oil your reels than. Get a little extra distance.

Here is a link on the fish.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clovegarden.com%2Fingred%2Fsf _catvnz.html&rct=j&q=swai%20catfish&ei=sE-QTPbxEcL78Abh6OydDQ&usg=AFQjCNGYs9A-WolexsxOg3ft9sM4PkyAkQ&cad=rja

Google it and mix reviews on that fish some links will really make someone not eat those fish

Snapshot
09-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Been there and don't remember anyone braggin bout their catfish. Guess I was to busy, trying not to get a square meal of lead poisoning, to think bout fishin.............

vandolizm8
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
This is a popular fish served in Chinese buffets. All white meat, does not fall apart, and no muddy taste like some farm raised catfish and tilapia in the States.

kingwoodcatfisherman
09-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Interesting ..... You like it better than an opp Gilbert ?

GILBERT G
09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Jeff: I belive so... just like VANDO said no muddy taste
I really liked it

Scotta
09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I bought some the other day it was by far the worst tasting fish I have ever had. Tasted like fish flavored bubble gum. I thought iot was under cooked but further cooking revealed DONT BUY IT!!! They claimed 'just like tilipia' Ok if tilipia is the worst tasting fiosh on the planet. My god that was the worst fish tasting experience ever. Smelled like someone had ate a dead buzzard and washed it downm with skunk juice. Bad. I tell you. When God invented S...., he really meant s....! Bad I tell you. Tomorrow I will tell you how I really feel. Seriously, it was bad. BY FAR FAR FAR, the worst fish ever. If you bought some, take it back. All jokes aside it was FOUL!!!!!!!!!

vett0111
09-15-2010, 09:39 PM
WOW Scott I'm gonna get me some popcorn and wait to really hear how you really feel. LOL

GILBERT G
09-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I`v got butter for my popcorn LOL

vett0111
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I`v got butter for my popcorn LOL

SWAI butter Gil for your :new_popcornsmiley: popcorn :new_popcornsmiley:? LOl

John3:16
09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Somebodies taste buds are warped!

KingTut
09-16-2010, 03:35 AM
I bought some the other day it was by far the worst tasting fish I have ever had. Tasted like fish flavored bubble gum. I thought iot was under cooked but further cooking revealed DONT BUY IT!!! They claimed 'just like tilipia' Ok if tilipia is the worst tasting fiosh on the planet. My god that was the worst fish tasting experience ever. Smelled like someone had ate a dead buzzard and washed it downm with skunk juice. Bad. I tell you. When God invented S...., he really meant s....! Bad I tell you. Tomorrow I will tell you how I really feel. Seriously, it was bad. BY FAR FAR FAR, the worst fish ever. If you bought some, take it back. All jokes aside it was FOUL!!!!!!!!!

Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are!

gator
09-16-2010, 08:19 AM
scott dont hold back how do you really feel open up buddy

mikechell
09-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking you didn't check it before you bought it, Scott. Sounds like you got some fish that had been sitting too long in the sun.
It can't be THAT bad and still have some people liking it. You must've gotten ahold of some spoiled product.

willie
09-18-2010, 07:52 PM
just google how they raise fish in vietnam and tell me you will eat it. they are raised in rice fields under there houses living on human waste. they are not regulated like our foods here in the us. becareful what you consume from oversees. my rants over.:mad:

Scotta
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
It was more than the taste Mikechel, it was the texture the consistency, EVERYTHING. It was white alright. With a white blubber rubbery consistency. Of course it wont fall apart, the stuff sticks to EVERYTHING! I mean everything! It wont fall apart if you take too big a bite you will look for a trash can you can not possible break it down after cutting it with a knife. Like frozen bubble gum I tell you. Neanderthal man loved this fish he could stick on a stick and was TOUGH enough to stay put over a roasting fire while he went off and re-invented the wheel. He could come back in 10 minutes or three days the taste, consistency and that owe soooo delicious frozen bubble gum fish smelling road kill smell is still there.

vett0111
09-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Scott something makes me think you don't like Swai catfish. You have me rolling on the floor Bud.

GILBERT G
09-20-2010, 05:40 AM
I think the lil Vietmes said here give him this tell him it`s SWAI .... he`s Cajun anyway jk lol

Scotta
09-20-2010, 06:32 AM
I didnt even know the Swai was a catfish but I do know it doesnt......Never mind I am done with Swai and will start with Swahili. Just saying