PDA

View Full Version : Scam....or no scam????

HawgHunter
10-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I call scam!!!!

Not sure how just yet, but never the less, a scam it is.

Posted my fridge on CL and got a hit last night asking if I still had it....to which I replied that I did.

Got a new email this morning....what do y'all think???? I call scam....

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I'm going on a vacation to London but I will instruct my assistant
to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you
will get in about 4 - 6 business days. I'll add $20 extra for the delay. I'll pay by M O or
cashier check so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing
address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make
arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must
have received and cashed the payment.
Awaiting your info.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Expecting to hear from you soon.
Regards
Smith
P.S Advise if there is any defect

"Now tell me....do you know anyone who can afford to go on vacation to London and hire an assistant, but needs to buy a USED fridge????:scratchhead:

What kind of maroon do they take me for?!?!?!:icon_rolleyes:

I told them I only take cash and in person....:lighting:

BassBowl
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
My first impression....Weird.....

I'd ignore this request.

BB

fishaholic35
10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Scam artist send him no monies!!!

BassingtxLady
10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a scam to me. Those kind of scams are regularly reported in the media, but are usually of a much larger amount.

vickark
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
It's always amazing. When they reply to an ad there is no mention of what the item is. The yo-yo's use a computer generated response.
Most of the time they are phishing for your personal info , or they will send more money (on a bad money order) for you to send them back the excess.
There are some folks that have really had fun with them by asking them all kinds of questions that they really had to reply to.
Have fun- drive 'em nuts!

kingwoodcatfisherman
10-21-2010, 01:28 PM
We got some emails a couple of weeks ago said they were from London . Was it from and aol email ? These guys hacked and stole the identity of two of our Church friends .

But yes ... Scam for sure .

baitfish
10-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I've had alot of the same e mails from craigslist ads. Always scams. And your right, going to London for vaction but needs a used fridge. come on, he really thinks people are dumb.

longhorn daddy
10-21-2010, 08:00 PM
These is one of the oldest scams around.Tell him to send you his banking #'s and that you will withdraw the agreed amount plus the extra 20 bucks.and see how fast he declines the deal.SCAM SCAM SCAM

GILBERT G
10-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Trick-r-Treat

dbldaddy
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Just ask to speak to em on the phone. they will stop emailin u

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
10-21-2010, 11:42 PM
How do ya'll keep knocking my little deals off this is no scam send me the info requested and I will take yo money send you nuttin.
---------THIS AND ANYTHING LIKE IT IS A SCAM------------------

HawgHunter
10-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Funny....I haven't heard from them since I told 'em I only except cash and in person....:icon_mrgreen:

Scotta
10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
You can add that to my national lottery winner of Nigeria and avoid it like the plague.