PDA

View Full Version : every wonder?

gator
11-19-2010, 07:46 PM
ever wonder what came first chicken or the egg? or if you catch a fish when does it bite again?
well answer turns out too the second question is about a hour,
not today but our last trip to sabine calvin hangs in to a keeper red and half way to the boat it breaks the line. well after a few choice words from him and a few snickers from me we went back to fishing. about a hour later he hangs into another red and yes it had another new hook and some line in its mouth. i like fishing with him he never says die he keeps grinding away

vett0111
11-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I have caught Bass before that swallowed hook so I cut line close to hook and a little while later caught it again. I wasn't on a bed defending nest.

We have caught Perch over and over. LOL

I like the refueling on snickers to method to. LOL

BassBowl
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I did something similar a few years ago, I hooked a nice bass, and lost him in a blow down....after about an hour or so, I backtracked on myself and caught the same bass again, I know because he still had my green catapillar grub in his throat.....got my rattle back too...smiles.

BB

Bazooka Joe
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I had that happen to me with a bowfin my buddy caught it and the hook broke and he got away and about 20 mins later i caught the same fish and he still had the broken hook in his mouth

chicken...
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
This 25" red took a glow/chart KFM in a canal off of Titlum/Tatlum Bayou back in May. My buddy wanted fish, so I strung him up and made my way out the canal fishing along the way. Had another hit right by the kayak and my stringer float was goin' nuts! Saw the float coming in as I was reeling the fish in and was laughing so hard I almost dropped my rod. Got that rascal to the kayak and unhooked him a SECOND time within 5 minutes and put'em back in the water. Ended up dragging him around for 2 and a half hours where I met up with my buddy who decided he didn't want fish after all. He still looked "decent" after being drug around all that time, so I felt like he deserved to go. Took him off the stringer and was going to revive him, but he had other ideas and took off like a guy late for a date! That was one feisty red and I'll probably never forget him.

ruskeltheblackbassman
01-13-2011, 09:01 PM
All of these stories are cool! Nice red chicken!!

Snapshot
01-13-2011, 09:42 PM
I am sure things like that have happened to most of us but I have had it happen several times.... I lived in the NW and did lots of steelhead and salmon fishing. I have had a hooked fish bit my bait while my fishing partner was fighting the same fish. Yep, he's on my buddies line putting up a fight and he took my bait down just like he was starving. I also had the same think happen with salmon in Oregon and a 50 lb halibut also. There were four of us in two small boats fishing a protected inlet in Alaska when one of my buddies in the other boat hooked up. As he fought the fish, it came my way and took my bait as well. We both landed the fish and took some pictures of both lines in his mount. Guess when they are feeding they don't care about anything else. That is good for the fisherman but not for the dumb fish.