View Full Version : One long weekend

Scotta
11-28-2010, 08:37 PM
So, today i was looking for a church in Odessa and I googled non-demonitional churches. Hey, I have been to Catholic weddings. Looonnnngggg! LOL. Anyway, the search engine on the Droid Navigator led me to the 'Open Door Church' Seemingly non-denominational.
Anyway, let me start from the begining. We were discussing not getting up when they asked for visitors etc etc while walking Rocky before going in. After getting that straight we went in. There wasnt many cars but we were early. Right off the bat eight people come out of the sanctuary andf introduce themselves and speak of the 'new pastor from up north.' Then I was handed a pamphlet on Pentacostal. Hmmmm....so much for non denominational. Anyway, after checking the e mail in the lobby and while doing so go getting the look from hades, I entered the sanctuary where there waS A GRAND total of, you guessed it, 8 people. So much for the idea of NOT being the new guy.
Well, the first thing they did was pass around the collection basket. I guessed they wantedf to hit the newbies before they cut and ran. Funny thing, they had four refetences to wealth throughout the seromony. Far be it from me because I am aware that spreading and teaching the word cost money, however, this was a little overwheloming. Anyway, their was a lot of ole skool traditional pentacostal attire and concrete walls and an iron cross. Then this guy with a leather jacket stood at the exit with feet shoulder width apart and arms crossed. What did the bible call them? Centurians? LOL. I truly felt like I was in a Stephen King novel. It was spooky! Well, I realize you get out what you bring but it is hard to hide in a crowd of eight. No blending in there.
This was a funny experience untill we had been sitting there for an hour and forty five minutes. Dealing with popping speakers and video that had a mind of it's own. One bald joke that was well.....inappropiate. Then the topper, this lady ahd the same last name as Bethany pulled me aside and asked if her family had money. I was like what? Then at the two hour mark, I heard the pastor say, 'and second...' At this point centurian aside, I will fight my way out. lol. I took the bibles back to the table that were loaned to us wiothout a deposit odly enough. I had 16v eyes 8 pair making sure this was done. I wanted to be like chill, got one at the crib.
Anyway, made it to the Deluxe inn and watched some football. Still looking for the ;deluxe' part. lol. bethany and Rocky have been troopers not complaining and making the best of a tough situation. :applause:
Needless to say, Bethany and I will continue to look.

vett0111
11-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes Scott keep searching. Lol.

Post thread three times???? Guess it was like passing the collection basket. Pass it enough time they will get hint. Lol. Jk.

jakubbb
11-29-2010, 12:01 AM
hahah that had to be an odd situation.

KingTut
11-29-2010, 03:47 AM
That's funny Scott! Keep us posted on your search.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
11-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Odd and unusual you should fit rat in.