PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Party And Picures

Snapshot
12-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Last night a few of us met at the Chuck E Cheese and bagged some gifts to take to the Shriners Hospital for Childern. It was great seeing and meeting the crowd that came out and I appreciate the efforts it took for some to attend. Since this was a very short notice and many of us had other activities scheduled, we did not have a large turnout but we did make a difference for some lonely scared and not so blessed children at the hospital. While it was fun meeting with everyone, you cannot imagine how great the expressions on the kids faces faces as they received your gifts of love. Some of the greatest medication in the world is to know that someone loves and cares about you, especially when you are away from home and the family. Attached are a few pictures but not quite the quality as I had expected of my best camera. I looks like it had the shakes as I know I had a steady hand... You can be the judge of that one but it does look like I could have done better. Maybe RodSmith or someone else has some additional picutres they can share.

Thank each and everyone of you for your support and efforts to help this get off the ground. I know you will be blessed for you love and interest in others. I would like to see this as a building block and make it even better next year. I am curious of the feedback about meeting at Chuck E Cheese or would another location be better? God bless each and everyone of you and do have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Gentleben
12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice pics and stories !! Aw ,an love those hummingbird lights was called back to active duty and sorry i coud not atttend !!!!!!!!

ruskeltheblackbassman
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
THanks for the pics snapshot, looks like a good time, sorry i didnt make it.

jsharp
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I enjoyed the event it was for a great cause and it was nice to meet and talk to some new people. Chuck E Cheese was a OK place for the first event and they have a lot of things to do for the kids but it was kinda loud and everyone had to sit at separate tables so you could not talk at much as everyone would have liked maybe next year might try to find someplace with a pizza buffet the incredible pizza in conroe is a great place its kinda like chuck e cheese but the play area is in the back and away from the eating section and there is long tables so everyone can sit at the same table but i t was a pretty good place for such a short notice.

vett0111
12-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Looks like yall had fun. Sorry I couldn't make it.

BassingtxLady
12-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Snapshot did a good thing with the idea of meeting and gathering presents for the kids at Shriners. I attended, but I was feeling really bad and only stayed until a little after 6. I know other people came after I left with more presents, but here is a pictures of the stash just before I left.

The banner looked good hanging on the front windos

Here is my 8 month old greatgrandson eating the first cake of his young life.

I agree that the noise was a lot to tolerate and being in the booths made conversation hard. Maybe next year, we can make a few minor changes and do a little better.

:cheers: Snapshot, thanks for the idea and the follow through. :cheers:

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
12-13-2010, 07:31 AM
fishingTX folks provide another great assistance to the needy . I extend an atta-boy to Snapshot, and everyone else, who open there hearts and pocketbooks to help those in less than desirable conditions this Christmas season.