PDA

View Full Version : Interesting morning

dan_wrider
03-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Woke up tuesday morning to sounds of my wife in a panic. She had been putting on her makeup in our extra bathroom getting ready for work when she realized shewas not alone in the room. Seems it had warmed up enough for this little guy to crawl out of his hole and then cooled off enough again he needed to find a warmer climate. Seems he found his own heat rock in the form of a plug in air freshner in my bathroom. I jokingly told her to ignore it and it would surely be gone by the time we got home from work. She was not amused. I don't have much experince snake handling but I think I did ok. I grabbed an oven mit and a towel and proceeded after the little guy. Luckily, he had no intentions of biting me as I gave him every opportunity (trying not to hurt him). Finally I got him balled up in the towel and took him outside. I sat the towel on the driveway and watched him slither off into the woods. Scared my wife pretty good but made for an awfully funny story.

BassingtxLady
03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Cute little snake.

Lou The Fisherman
03-30-2011, 03:24 PM
A snake in the house is NOT a good thing. Especially when the wife finds it first!! L O L

I'm not sure what kind it is. We have some folks on the board that are knowledgeable about snakes. I'm sure there will be couple different opinions as to the type snake.

OK snake panel, what kind of snake was that?

CousinDan123
03-30-2011, 07:15 PM
kind looks like a copper head

Justin_Smithey
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
that must of been a pretty good scare first thing in the morning!

cthomas1982
03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
just a good ole rat snake....copperheads

cthomas1982
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
oops....have a more distinct triangle shaped head and the eyes are a dead give away they look very similar to cats eyes

BassingtxLady
03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
you would've had to call the paramedics along with getting the oven mitt if i had been her....i and snakes don't get along well at all....but we have an agreement...they don't bother me and i won't hit them with a hoe.....lol...

vett0111
03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Looks like a rat snake to me. Cool and funny story. Bet your wife didn't find it as funny as we did, LOL

KingTut
03-31-2011, 04:24 AM
Double-banded Anaconda Triple Fanged Rattler!

bearwhiz
03-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Yep, Looks like an anaconda to me. Get a gun. A big gun. Get a friend with a gun. Kill it. Snakes in the house. Nope. Sell the house. The snake can have it.

Snapshot
03-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Dan, you are one lucky guy. To remove it, my wife may have grabbed a shot guy and eliminated that cute little snake herself. Then, she would have me tearing down the house to find out how it got in before she would let me repair the wall, counter top, tile and any electrical damages. The she would make me stay up all night watching for others coming in. Yep, you are on lucky guy.

katjim00
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Yep seeing that first thing in the morning would have startled most anyone. The good thing at my house is I am always gone to work before she gets out of bed. :) Bad thing is she would have beat the snake to death and destroyed everything around it too. Then she would expect me to not go fishing to fix her house...hahahahaha, like I would ever agree to that ;)

Seriously that is a small snake from the looks of it. I would stay alert for a while to make sure no more show up. There could be a little nest of them in the walls.

dan_wrider
03-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh Goodness Jim, don't say that! My wife reads that she'l never sleep again. LOL

1448 BASSIN
03-31-2011, 06:44 PM
I seen on the news this morning about snakes starting to show up in unusual places. And they said it's also mating season. Like katjim said, keep an eye out for more.

WhataMitch
04-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Southern Copperhead. The distinguishing characteristic of this snake that makes it easy to identify is the vase shaped markings. We've all heard that baby snakes are more poisonous...actually when they are young they can't control how much venom they inject. So you get it all. Adults don't want to give ya both barrels, so to speak, because then they're defenceless and unable to hunt.

Gentleben
04-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Round me it would be a DRT snake , Dead Right There :surrender: