PDA

View Full Version : Gibbons Creek

Randy
06-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Anyone up for a road trip to Gibbons Creek @ the first week of July?
I won't tell everyone, it is Dwayne's birthday, sometime around there.

dpiper
06-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Sounds like fun. What's the crappie like in GC?

dwaynez
06-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Good Supply of Crappie at Gibbon's

I fished their saturday night for a bit, we took our niece out again and she caught her first large perch. No pictures because the camera was taken our to our bag by our niece and we did not realize it until we hit the lake, but she had a blast fishing.

Several guys pulled in nice crappie while we were there, the largest was around 2lbs.

dwaynez
06-20-2005, 09:15 AM
We will actually be camping out July 8-10 for my B-day. I will have the BBQ pit fired up.

dpiper
06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I'll try and draw my crew down for some good ol R&R'n. Since jugging is banned on Gibbons Creek. I hear there is some nice action up by the power plant.

dwaynez
06-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Extremely nice catches coming out of there on a daily basis. There is a scale by the boat launch area with some pics of big ol cats being pulled out of there. I have personally seen 60+ lb flatheads and blues being pulled out of there on a consistent basis.

Jugging is not allowed due to the fact the lake was trashed some time ago by anglers who did not respect the lake and it caused problems.

The warm water discharge area is where the big boys lay at and there are some feeder creeks towards the back as well. Everyone will have to put in a little extra work and do some R&R fishing, LOL!

I mentioned it on the other post the cost to get in is $4 per person that includes the boat launch fee. But they will cut us a deal if a group shows up and they will only charge $3 per person, it's a little savings to each angler.

I will be cooking food on the pit friday night and saturday as well.