PDA

View Full Version : Murmask Russia

Scotta
04-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Well yesterday started off sunshine then it rained, then golf to baseball size hail aND then snow. Then we ended with the sun running along the snowcapped mountains. It only gets dark maybe an hour so the sun sets horizontally. Really cool. ANyway, I have had the crud for a week. Waking up ringing sweat out of my pillow and sheets, coughing till throwing upo blood, throat so soar I cant talk. Sickest I have ever been. I have pnemonia, pluracy, many other things. Then we have the weather above not condusive for getting well. Anyway, big appology tpo Mark it was totally Gas proms decision but the other crew will not be coming in June. Anyway, its a totally different world. Day rate is terrific but I am still unsure if its just compensation. Crazy but beautiful at the same time. I have some terrific pics I will try to get uploaded soon. Thought of yall often but no energy but to do anything but climb into bed. This ship yard has so many security checkpoints to get on if the bus was one short it would take all day for the crew to get on. SO, I have been maning up and going to work 12 hours with 104 plus fever. The head of security is a girl and she saw me on my hands and knees coughing violently. We got my interpreter and she took me to the doctor and drug store. They were closed but with some yelling and flash of credentials they allowed her in. She came out and said you have 1400 rubbles. exchange rate is 27 best money ever spent. Its atleast hding some of the symptons. Its so different here and about the position you hold. Miss yall.
:surrender:

BassingtxLady
04-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Well heck. It is too bad about your feeling bad. And yes, I miss the opportunity to bounce wittysisms with you on occasion. Maybe after you feel a little better you can bring all of us up to date about what is going on.

Good Luck!!

Scotta
04-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Thisn place is incredible but the scope of work has become welll....... laughable. Might be home early. Scheduled for 5th of May though. Thanks Rod!

BassingtxLady
04-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Don't be lead astray by those people. Let us do it. We need to keep you on your toes so you will not get in too much trouble.

Scotta
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks Rod. Its been a battle over here. I am suppose to be back in June but Im not sure if Im coming. This rig will be the largest in the world when it is finished. Its scheduled to be drilling in Jule but I dont thinnk it will ever drill a hole. It has been contracted and subcontracted and subcontracted.........so many times and everyone says everyone else is suppose to supply this or that. I have a deepened respect for the citizens. This giant rig was built on there backs! I bought an extra lunch and gave it to my Russian helper and you would of thought I saved his life. There is no obesity problem over here everyone seems to be in perfect shape. We each tipped the lady that brought lunch and dinner 100 rubbles and she started crying. She had never been treated with any respect. All the sudden, she researched western dishes....the portions got bigger...Just diffeferent. Part of me will miss this place but most of me is home sick. BAD! If I didnt have a child on the way, I would of probable already been on a plane.

vett0111
04-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Great to hear from you Scott. Hope you get to feeling better soon/ Prayers going out for you. You can email me the pics and I'll post them for you

Scotta
04-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Artic blast hit today wind near hurricaine force. Complete whitout with snow. Tough day up hanging lights on the derrick 170 feet in the air with the derrick swaying three to four feet each way. Had two boys that insisted going ahead. I have a headeche from stressing aBOUT THEM ALL day. It was tough enough standing on the board much less a girt holding a light. Miserable

gator gar
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Tough day up hanging lights on the derrick 170 feet in the air with the derrick swaying three to four feet each way.

Tell Shawn not to stress about me not being able to go. Darryl would have went up there, but Mark would have had to decline. He's an iron worker, used to heights, I'm a fabricator, used to the ground.

Scotta
04-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Next trip would b on ground,Mud pumps. Mark his emal has been down. He can send your passpot to you through hisecretay butwill be backin two weeks ifyou can wait.

Snapshot
04-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Scott, thanks for letting us know that we do some things right over here. Most important thing for you to do is get well or your child on the way will not have a father. Blessing sent your way.

MicroSoft
04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Hope you get to feeling better. Think if you asked the Lord to help and bless you then maybe He would.

Scotta
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Next trip will be on ground bro. If you send me a message with address, I will get passport to you. he is hospitalized with what I have and his email was down.

Tell Shawn not to stress about me not being able to go. Darryl would have went up there, but Mark would have had to decline. He's an iron worker, used to heights, I'm a fabricator, used to the ground.