PDA

View Full Version : SnapShot's jon boat project

Snapshot
04-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I went by the ramp and the lot looked full so I went on the BJ'S. I chatted with Anthony for a while and then launched my other boat project I had been working on. I had taken it to Toledo Bend last week only to find that it would not do more than idle and then die. Thanks to blowupguide for his help to identify the problem. I adjusted the throttle cables and finally the motor runs like a top. Put the boat in and ran it for half an hour and everything seems ready to fish. I will start fishing Luces with it and might venture out into the lake with some jugs on a calmer day. I am still working on the other boat as it has either a fuel problem or possibly a linkage problem too.

This jon boat is not a finished product yet but we are getting close. WE had to strip everything out, rebuild carbs, stater and flooring and a couple holes patched in the bottom of the boat. Today it floated and only had a little water in it when I got back to the ramp. May try to use the trolling motor tomorrow and get used to it before I start chasing the bass. It's not pretty yet but it is floating, running and ready to use so for now, it is my best boat.

vett0111
04-23-2011, 12:30 AM
SS that is a very nice looking boat. Great job on it. Looks sharp

fishngrin
04-23-2011, 01:56 AM
snapshot, a good looking ride there. find the leak, if it is not real bad-clean it and put some good RTV on it, itll last for years. i know. go get em buddy

SKsCrappie
04-23-2011, 03:26 AM
that looks like a crappie catchn barge :winner: SS & they don't need to be pretty to get a fish on your hook;).

KingTut
04-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Just how many boats to you have, Snapshot?

I really like that flooring. Did you do that yourself?

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
04-23-2011, 06:50 AM
I like everything but that foot dodaddy on the TM, I look like a promotion for Mr DW1 trying to use one of em.

dan_wrider
04-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Looks like the kind of boat that limits out regular to me!

Eagle_One
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
it works for me.good job!

muleherder
04-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Nice open floor plan, Ray. Lotsa room to move around. Thats a fishing barge.

EVERY boat owner is a mechanic first and a fisherman, pleasure boater, wakeboarder, or what-have-you next. Theres always something to work on. It's coming right along.

Snapshot
04-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys, this was a little project my brother and I worked on together and we're in it about $400 each. I do hope to turn this one into a crappie machine like some of you have done. I think this one is a little unstable with me standing on one side so I most likely will not use it for the jugs. My other boat is the 17.5' ski barge and I will use in more for jugging and salt water fishing. All I have to do to it is figure out if I have a throttle cable problem like this one had or a fuel problem. My brother is a good mechanic and we are hoping to work on it this coming week. I am really anxious to get it going.

1448 BASSIN
04-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice rig SS. Look forward to seeing you out in the bayou soon.