PDA

View Full Version : seabrook flats

EmilioOOoo
07-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Does anybody fish or got info on the Seabrook flats? Never been and would like to go, just dont know where they are and where to start... thanks for any info

fishaholic35
07-07-2011, 07:24 AM
go down 146 to kemah boardwalk area to toddville rd bridge and its on the bay side watch out if u wade it bc there is a lot of broken concrete and metal thats sharp the lagoon holds some good reds and flounder peeled shrimp or live shrimp is the key I always have caught some black drum and reds on the side of toddville rd bridge at nite just havent been lately bc of gas prices and pay reduction. hope this helps

EmilioOOoo
07-07-2011, 12:56 PM
go down 146 to kemah boardwalk area to toddville rd bridge and its on the bay side watch out if u wade it bc there is a lot of broken concrete and metal thats sharp the lagoon holds some good reds and flounder peeled shrimp or live shrimp is the key I always have caught some black drum and reds on the side of toddville rd bridge at nite just havent been lately bc of gas prices and pay reduction. hope this helps
thanks for the info. yeah looking for something closer than galveston and TC dike...

Snapshot
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Rather than wade fishing in unknow/uncharted safe waters, go to the Sylvian Beach area (LaPort area) and fish from that long pier they have. I think they charge $5 but they have a bait shop there too. I have heard of and seen some pretty nice fish taken there. Take a lawn chair and umbrella for shade and enjoy. There are lots of sand trout in that area all the time..... let us know what you do. good luck

GILBERT G
07-07-2011, 06:19 PM
my nephew an friends went to Sylvian beach pier an they loaded up on sand trout with dead shrimp he also told me they rebuild that place

Snapshot
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Gil, you old potlicker, Sylvian Beach park and pier are very nicely done and not a bad place to hang out. Now that I think about it, I think I will drive over and take a picture before Ben does. Maybe Saturday.

GILBERT G
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Snap: you whipper snapper potlicker you ...that would be nice of you to do that

vett0111
07-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Let us know how it goes

Gil and SS you guy ( Potlickers ) crack me up

Snapshot
07-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Vetto, Gil and I cant krak U up as you were kraked up before we come along........ Good nite all

EmilioOOoo
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Rather than wade fishing in unknow/uncharted safe waters, go to the Sylvian Beach area (LaPort area) and fish from that long pier they have. I think they charge $5 but they have a bait shop there too. I have heard of and seen some pretty nice fish taken there. Take a lawn chair and umbrella for shade and enjoy. There are lots of sand trout in that area all the time..... let us know what you do. good luck

We try that spot as well thanks...

Lou The Fisherman
07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Snap: you whipper snapper potlicker you ...that would be nice of you to do that

Snap get that Brownie Instamatic of yours out and take some pics.

smackdabtkb
08-18-2011, 02:53 PM
I live close to Sylvian, I'll take the kids out one day and get a picture of the new pier and the new beaches/boardwalk area.

One thing to note, it's still listed under the toxic water/fish area, dioxin levels are high in fish and crabs from there. I checked on this recently, and the last reports are from 2008. The state has not yet lifted the restrictions. They used to have a huge sign up before Ike tore it all to pieces, but actually i'm not sure I've seen a new sign up since they rebuilt the pier. That pier always gets taken out if we get a major storm. I used to fish there every weekend as a little lad with my grandfather when we would toss out the ole crab nets. Shame people have to toss toxic waste in the waters and ruin everything for us all.