PDA

View Full Version : fishing houston ship channel

woods2257
07-10-2011, 10:04 AM
we got on the water about 6:30 am and off the water around 11 caught some rat reds under size croakers for me.had alot for fun on with the wife in the channel we were tided to a marker and a ship went by and the waves were about 3ft. and about 4 ft apart and when they hit the boat it was fun for me to ride them out but not her the good thing the boat hit them headon. i have some pic of my new blue wave boat. i have to down size them and when i do i will post the.fireman

BrotherDoug
07-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm glad you were able to ride the waves out. If you are fishing the shallower parts of the channel spoil area, be sure to run out to deep water every time a ship goes by. It's a lot of trouble, especially if you are onto the fish, but no boat can survive the ship wakes in the shallower parts of the channel spoils.

Snapshot
07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Glad you made it back to shore without swamping the boat. You must have been testing the boats floatability with those waves. Guess it passed the tests. It was a nice day for a boat ride and you never know what you may catch in the salt. I think someone recently said " Some days chickens and some day Feathers". Waiting for the pictures too.

vett0111
07-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Nice to see you got out. Can't wait to see your new boat