PDA

View Full Version : East Bay 8/2 & 8/3

KingTut
08-05-2011, 05:28 AM
I still had three days off from a 2500 mile road trip vacation and my little man and I had big plans for three days of fishing when we got back home. Monday Capt Hook joined us for a trip to Lake Livingston where he put on a school catching big eating sized blue cats unitl the mid-day heat. Josh caught a few and I was just pretty much a spectator. Tuesday the Capt stayed home to tend to his honey-do list and me and Josh put in at Anahauc at first light. We got into em around 2 pm and it was on! At one point my boy had a very big gar hit the giant sized shrimp he was floatin and as it jumped in the air, a big fast and furious jack crevelle hit my rig, broke water and the two colided in mid air breaking off in the process. It all happened so close to the boat we got a good soaking from the two monsters! Epic memory stuff there! Wed we returned to East Bay and were greated by a good number of gators having breakfast. The bite started out great with blow-ups everywhere but after three nice sized trout it fizzled out and after that all we caught were a few croaker and at least a hundred lady fish!

Had a great vacation from Graceland in Memphis to N. Michigan Ave in Chicago. Took my kids to see where I grew-up and to get a taste of the Windy City. We took in all the sites, followed by three days fishing and sadly yesterday was my first day back to work.

Boy oh boy could I make a great retiree!

Drop_Shot_
08-05-2011, 05:59 AM
Great report and pics Kingtut! Looks like you had an awesome vacation. Looks like that pizza wa awesome :)
I bet you and your had a great time fishing together....those are some good looking fish :)

BassingtxLady
08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
well that explains it all as to why i beat you on that knot tying contest now doesn't it...hehehehe.....get a rope....
just kiddin ya there buddy...what an awesome vacation you had....thanks for sharing the pictures....love the kids faces when they catch them fishies....welcome back.....and i certainly concur about how good a retiree we'd make.....lol....

John3:16
08-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Looks like a great time! Great job dad!

KingTut
08-05-2011, 08:34 AM
well that explains it all as to why i beat you on that knot tying contest now doesn't it...hehehehe.....get a rope....
just kiddin ya there buddy...what an awesome vacation you had....thanks for sharing the pictures....love the kids faces when they catch them fishies....welcome back.....and i certainly concur about how good a retiree we'd make.....lol....

Yes Mam, I'm one of the ones with the U-Haul trailer that came here in the seventies and NEVER left. Got here when I was seventeen years old and thought I was imortal. It wasn't easy on my own so young but the ride has been good to me.....

I would have moved on more than likely, but I caught a speckled trout about two weeks after I arrived in Texas and I've been hooked ever since!

Lou The Fisherman
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Great pics of Memphis and Chicago and fishing.
Glad you took young Josh out fishing. Can't beat it.

dan_wrider
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Great trip, great write up and man that pizza looks richeous! i think I see a strong argument for youth pic of the month there as well! Thanks for sharing.

texdigdug2
08-05-2011, 01:44 PM
All I can say is " Thank ya" " Thank ya very much......... Elvis has left the building..... :)

Snapshot
08-05-2011, 11:13 PM
I know how a long trip with the kids can ware you out but I think you found the perfect way to unwind on the final three days off. Fishing will almost always give ya a change to gear down and really relax. Glad you had a nice trip and made it back safely. Go get more specks and reds as they are just a waiting for ya.

vett0111
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Looks like a great time. Great pics KT

SKsCrappie
08-06-2011, 07:11 PM
WTG KT! that had to be a good vacation.

Red3Fish
08-08-2011, 06:45 AM
My sweetie is from Chicago, and wants us to go there to see the Museum of Science and Industry, and eat Italian beef sandwiches. Don't ask how a 5 th generation Texan ended up with a damyankee!! LOL She also came down in the 70's, and said she really was a Texan, just happened to be born in the wrong place! LOL

Later
R3F

Lou The Fisherman
08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
My sweetie is from Chicago, and wants us to go there to see the Museum of Science and Industry, and eat Italian beef sandwiches. Don't ask how a 5 th generation Texan ended up with a damyankee!! LOL She also came down in the 70's, and said she really was a Texan, just happened to be born in the wrong place! LOL

Later
R3F

I spent several years in Chicago during my younger days and I've been trying to duplicate the Italian Beef Sandwiches for the past 35 years and haven't come close.

Red3Fish
03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
because, on the Italian Beef Sandwiches.....I found a place that makes them, and sweetie says "They are not exact.....but pretty darn good for being made in Texas".

WWW.ChicagoHotDogShack.com

954 FM 1960 W

281-537-2322

She said..."Don't come back from L Palestine, down 45, without bring her some!!" LOL Kind of a small place in a strip mall.

Thought of you and this thread when she said that!! LOL

Later
R3F

Lou The Fisherman
03-05-2012, 10:58 AM
R3F tnx a bunch for the Italian Beef Sandwitch location.

I will definetely try this out probably this WEEK.

The pic looked just like the Chicago Italian Beef Sandwitches.

KingTut
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
R3F! That's so cool! I'll be there soon and my boys say thanks-they got pretty revved-up when I showed the link. Vienna hot dogs are soooo Chicago!

Thanks, Dude!

GILBERT G
03-05-2012, 09:48 PM
We have Fajitas here.. no It-alian sandwich or Saus-age can beat it... lol:

Red3Fish
03-06-2012, 07:28 AM
They DO use jalapenos in their grilled pepper mix....I forget what the damyankees call it! She said that was the adaptation to Texas!! LOL They also call au jus "gravy"!. LOL

Later
R3F

KingTut
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
We have Fajitas here.. no It-alian sandwich or Saus-age can beat it... lol:

Yes Gilbert and I love you'alls fajita's-didn't mean to hurt your Texas feelings......