a jet ski is giving us a tow
3 wake boats hualing around like no bodies buisiness
one cuts in front of us
nose of my bass boat takes big waves and puts at least 2inch in the boats
while being towed
i know they had to seen us they were on all sides at least once
nearly sank my boat
it was my first time on the san jac and mayb my last
wont risk taking kids on the river with people that unconcerned for a boat in tow
there were 3 wake boats on the water by 10am
that leaves only 2and a half hrs, give or take 1/2hr, of light to fish before these people get out there, not worth it to me

BOATDUDEGUY
08-07-2011, 05:24 PM
just needed to vent this

1448 BASSIN
08-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry about your boat needing a tow. If they did see you that was’nt very nice of them at all. Rivers are’nt that wide and it can be tough for fishermen when the wake borders are out there.

KingTut
08-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Wake boats throw a wave way too high for my liking and they know it. You can tell they know cause they mastered the skill of never looking in your direction when they pass by. Did you know those boats have a water blader below decks to increase their weight, thus increase the size of thier wake? Makes for poor boating neighbors if ya ask me.

Vent on Dude!

BOATDUDEGUY
08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
some small electircal issue someone out there helped us get it runnin again
should left at that point, but bein hardheads we fished more and wouldnt start again
then the trollin motor hit a stump and broke off, then i had to struggle holding the tm while ken had a fun time trying to keep us in the right direction
i still wasnt that sour about it till my boat got swamped
just 50 ft from the dock
till that point i had a really nice time, motor problems and all

Gentleben
08-07-2011, 07:15 PM
what a bummer!! inconsiderate people like that are what invented road rage :lighting:
Thanks for venting sorry..sorry you broke down

vett0111
08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Sucks to hear about your boat..

kingwoodcatfisherman
08-08-2011, 12:07 AM
That's why I like to go to the lake late at night and do my fishing . Only saw about three boats last night on Conroe after midnight .