PDA

View Full Version : What have I done

Snapshot
08-18-2011, 01:55 PM
As some of you know, I retired and came back to Texas where my family is. I have been blessed to find FTX and met some really good fishermen along the way. I greatly appreciate your kindness and friendships.

One of my buddies from Oregon sent the attached picture to me. This is a sample of what I am missing out on this summer and fall. Sorta makes my stomach turn over. But is is a great blessing to be home and with the family. Just wish Steve wasn't so mean to me with these pictures. He and his son caught these in a river that dumps into the Pacific about 50 miles form his home. He said they fished for three hours. What can replace days like this?

dan_wrider
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Not too shabby! Hey is that where MC got his boat lol?

Lou The Fisherman
08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Reminds me of my years in Chicago fishing Lake Michigan for Coho and Steel Head salmon. Caught a bunch of em.

SKsCrappie
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
:icon_eek:sorta looks like it don't it DW?

vett0111
08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Nice looking fish Bet they are fun to catch

Snapshot
08-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Reminds me of my years in Chicago fishing Lake Michigan for Coho and Steel Head salmon. Caught a bunch of em.

Salmon and steelhead hit like a run away train when you least exptect them to. No nibbling around, hit and run is their tatics. ***** Lou: gotta correct ya just a little bit. Steelhead are not of the salmon family. They are actually a cross between a rainbow trout and salmon that has been reaised and released in a river that flows to the ocean or one of the great lakes and returns to spawn. Unlike salmon, after spawning their eggs, they do not die off. They return to the ocean or lake and grow bigger and come back a number of times to spawn. Some will hit about 28 lbs but anything over 20 is a trophy fish. I love them so much that I just couldn't let some of the board members think they were salmon. STeelhead were my specialty and I am sure they are glad that I moved. Just the sound of my name had them looking for places to hide. :icon_razz:

Lou The Fisherman
08-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Snap - meant to say Chinook Salmon.

Snapshot
08-25-2011, 05:29 PM
three of the four in the picture are chinook and they reallly do tug when hooked. The smaller one is a coho (or silver ) and tend to jump more when hooked. Oh how I miss it as they are slaughtering them right now at the mouth of the Columbia river where it dumps into the Pacific. If only I were there...... :hammer::hammer::hammer:

katjim00
08-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep silvers are a blast, we caught those in alaska along with a few other species.

gator
08-25-2011, 06:46 PM
three of the four in the picture are chinook and they reallly do tug when hooked. The smaller one is a coho (or silver ) and tend to jump more when hooked. Oh how I miss it as they are slaughtering them right now at the mouth of the Columbia river where it dumps into the Pacific. If only I were there...... :hammer::hammer::hammer:

R-O-A-D-T-R-I-P

Snapshot
08-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Take a look at the two pictures that came in today. Steve and his sons are killing me with pictures. Besides the two shown, they also had four last Sturday. Limit is two a day, mixed bag of coho or chinook.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
08-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Nice, very nice.

muleherder
08-25-2011, 10:24 PM

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his **** .....

Gator nailed it .... R-O-A-D-T-R-I-P

j/k Ray. Just remember in January and February what you left.

vett0111
08-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Nice SS