PDA

View Full Version : Could this be Global Warming?

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
08-28-2011, 08:31 AM
My position or social standing is higher than most but lower than Mr. Rod, but in fact Mr. Rod is the oldest living human I know. Anyhow I never remember it being this hot for this long and if so it was about 1957. All pastures and yards, except the ones highly irrigated, are burnt smack dab up. I do feel this may be the global warming we have been warned about. I hope we get a break soon.
I try to have all my work performed and be inside by noon, the afternoon sun is unbearable.
Your thoughts on this matter?

baitfish
08-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I thought this also several times Jackie. Although a couple years ago i read a report that stated that the average temp over the year for the previous years had actually showed a decrease in temp by .05 or .1 degrees every year. Funny how that was never made primetime stories like the global warning.

Lou The Fisherman
08-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I agree Brother Jackie especially my fishing activities.
If I don't have it done by 10AM it's tuff cause I'm goin in.

Even when you leave the fishing hole 10AM you still got several miles to travel on the water to get on the trailer then you got fishes to clean so it is easily 12noonish or leetle later and it's gett'n deadburn hot especially down here in these parts.

For once in my life I'm wish'n for a hurricane!!. Need water and cooler temp's.

BrotherDoug
08-28-2011, 06:03 PM
We'll have about another two weeks of global warming, and then it will start cooling off a little. The thing about global warming I never hear them talk about is how the pavement is heating things up. When you cover the dirt up with blacktop or cement, it really gets hot...After Labor Day, things cool down every year...SO FAR...

08-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm familiar with weather and cooling down, but this summers heat has been most unbearable, I guess I'm getting old because it shore hotter than I remember.

Bill Barrick
08-28-2011, 09:18 PM
1953 in Wichita Falls Tx and again somers around 1982we had a whole string of days over 114 degrees. 1958 bad ice storm all the way down to Harlingen Tx and don forgit how cold it was last winter. in 1972 in New Mexico it got below zero temps and I remember hearing about severe drought in South Texas when we lived in there. 1945 also was a scorcher in Wichita Falls when I was a fat little 10 year old. I dont' allow any credance for Global warming whatsoever. God is still in control and not man destroying the earth. Just sayin.

08-29-2011, 03:13 AM
Everyone is entitled to there opinion and belief, I'm uncertain of lots of things but do know its very hot and just maybe hotter than I ever remember.
I do hope to have a fall garden if it ever cools down enough to plant.

Lou The Fisherman
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm with ya Mr. Jackie. I don't recall it being this hot before.
And yes I'm older and it bothers me a bunch which is why I start at daylite and pull the cord by 10AM and head to the ramp.

My boat don't have A.C.

BrotherDoug
08-29-2011, 09:59 AM
It's an awful hot summer for sure. We finally got a little rain last week. Just over an inch. I plowed up a little spot and I'm going to plant an oat patch on faith. There is supposed to be another good chance for rain later this week. Jackie, I hope this hot spell is not a sign of what the future holds in store for us, one thing is for sure, Al Gore is happy it's so hot. He showed up in the news yesterday more or less saying "I told you so"...

08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
I could care less about Gore or any of the other politico people, I do believe we are doing lots of damage to mother earth and I hope it cools off soon. I expect the summers to continue to be hotter, hope not and wish for the best but prepare for the worst. Ozone has been a concern for a while. I'm not an activist or anything else nor do I know much about it, but I certainly feel the effects of it.

SouthernCatdaddy
08-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe the winter will be colder and have more time for the blues??? Jk. It is a hot sunna gun outside.