PDA

View Full Version : Elec Usage Monitor-Zigbee Device

KingTut
09-14-2011, 11:01 AM
I thought I’d send this out in case you haven’t seen one yet. FedEx dropped it off yesterday and five minutes after I plugged it in it was communicating with my Smart Meter. You enter your Provider’s rate and it reads usage real-time. It will show you charts with hour, day and monthly usage. It will project today’s usage to a bill next month. It breaks down your usage by hour showing you a chart of peak usage as well as baseline usage which at my home was a .54kW. In contrast, with my A/C running, TV sets, dish washer and making popcorn in the micro-wave oven, this gadget ran all the way up to 10.37KW. In the picture (see attachment) the 5.59KW is with the A/C running, TV sets on, teenagers locked in their room and several lights on in the house. This 5.59KW showed a rate of $1.37 and hour.

Get with your Provider and see if they offer one. I ordered mine on line for free but for a limited time only.

Linestreatcher
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM
So I guess you have Reliant Energy as your provider.....?

KingTut
09-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Yes, but I'm not bragging about it or endorsing them. It just worked out that way. 9.8 cents is the best rate I could find without direct debit from my credit card. They all have a bad habit of collecting a few more times after you've fired them.