PDA

View Full Version : Big Bull Redfish Battle 2011 ( Video )

vett0111
10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Big Bull Redfish Battle 2011

Here is a video taken from one of the Big Bull Reds I caught this year. I have been Blessed to have been able to catch a bunch of these. I wait all year for the Fall Bull Red Run. I can't get enough of catching these Big Bruisers. I love the fall season cause hunting season is starting and before I start hunting I hit the Big Bull Reds Waters.

Video is a little long , but we didn't start videoing when I first hooked the fish. I had been fighting it for 3-4 mins before we started videoing it.We had polarized sun glasses on and we didn't see the glare as bad as it comes out on video. Hope you like it.

Thanks BFT and Mark for a great time. Thank you BFT for videoing me battling this Big Bull Red

http://youtu.be/ROdiNrVeHq8

Drop_Shot_
10-06-2011, 06:11 AM
WOW...Nice video!

Lou The Fisherman
10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
BIGGGG Mama. Fine Video and nice RED.

SKsCrappie
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
COOL video Vetto! i had to laugh when i seen the guy getting the net ready, it would've been a blast for you to tell him "put that lil thang up" :icon_mrgreen:!

Snapshot
10-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Nicely done sir Vetto. Remindes me of how hard the salmon and steelhead fight. It looks like the water wasn't to rough, but the wind was blown pretty hard as we could hear it. It also looks like you were using an Abu 6000 or 6500 and a pretty stout rod. Was the net to small for your fish? I love it when the nets are to small.

vett0111
10-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Nicely done sir Vetto. Remindes me of how hard the salmon and steelhead fight. It looks like the water wasn't to rough, but the wind was blown pretty hard as we could hear it. It also looks like you were using an Abu 6000 or 6500 and a pretty stout rod. Was the net to small for your fish? I love it when the nets are to small.

The wind was blowing and water was rougher than it looked. We found a spot that was not was bad as surrounding water. Baitfish and birds were in area thick.

SS it is a Abu Garcia 6000. I posted a thread about this reel. This is the Reel that belonged to the world's greatest fishing guide Jackie Kennedy. That I out bid everyone on. Honor to own a reel with history behind it. I just plan on adding trophy Reds to the amount it has already.

Here is thread.

http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26249

baitfish
10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Nice one vetto, I need to get back to the salt before i get too deep into hunting season. Nice video too.

ruskeltheblackbassman
10-08-2011, 12:48 PM
That's a nice video vetto. Thanks for sharing. That one put up a good fight!

BassingtxLady
10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Great video. It makes all of us jealous.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
10-08-2011, 09:04 PM
To me that's as good as it gets.
and to think that was once nearly a daily thing at Fairfield.

vett0111
10-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Y'all are jealous?? I guess I'll stop posting pics and videos of me catching them.*** NOT *** LOL. Sorry guys but I can't stop. I can't get enough of catching them. I just have to share the pics of them.

Lou The Fisherman
10-11-2011, 11:14 AM
You keep rite on posting them ole bigguns.

Most folks have never seen a big bull RED and definitely never ever caught one..

Jackie I'm still upside down about the Fairfield situation.
Anything that affects REDS effect me. Catching a RED fish is still the most fun fish there is to catch in my humble leetle opinion. I don't care if he's a Rat red, SLOT red or BULL red.

vett0111
10-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Lou your right about catching a RED. It is a hard pulling fish. It for sure will give your reel a work out