PDA

View Full Version : How's BJ's marina looking????

HawgHunter
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm looking to take the kiddo's on a simple fishing/camping trip and was wondering how BJ's marina was looking these days? Last I heard it was dry land al the way to the channel. Is it still that way. What are they charging folks to camp/fish? Any info would be great. :D

Lou The Fisherman
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Brad - call Anthony @ 281-324-9199. He owns/runs the place.

BJ's has been closed since June/July timeframe due to low water.

I was up East Fork two weeks ago but you can't see BJ's from the River and I seriously doubt at that time if there was enough water in the channel for them to launcn a boat from their ramp.

Give Anthony a call and he can tell you if he is open and if you can launch a boat or not and what his rates are.

Gentleben
11-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Still high and dry!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawgHunter
11-09-2011, 08:10 AM
I knew that they were still high and dry....but I saw a post not too long ago that showed pics of folks camping by the water (channel). And I believe I read something about being able to drive right to the water and camp for free. ????

Lou The Fisherman
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Brad - Yes, earlier this summer you could literally drive down the boat ramp out into the "field" which is normally under water and drive over to the East Fork River.

There was someone for couple weeks with a trailer, generator, boat camped out there. I personally drove my vehicle over there couple times.

But today Nov 9th I don't know if you can drive over there on dry land or not?? If you can drive over there it would be free because that area belongs to City of Houston. And I wouldn't think that Anthony has the ramp closed off? I haven't been over there in couple months so I don't know.

Have you tried calling Anthony?.

Dutch
11-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I drove out there too when the water was still low. The sand bar the guy had his pop-up camper on is now under water. I doubt if you could get out there now, especially with the rain we just had.