PDA

View Full Version : Strange Find

jighed
04-03-2012, 07:46 PM
My brother just found a a damp dead catfish in his back yard. :confused: Yep, a catfish in his back yard. It was about 10 to 12 inches long. I did not measure it. looked like a mudcat. It wasn't a channel or blue. His two neighbors dont fish and he dont have a pond in is yard.

I guess a bird dropped it. He tried to sic his dog on it but he wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Yall be careful out there

FishinAddict22
04-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Oh man, think I'd rather step on a nail than a catfish in your backyard! Good thing he found it, wouldn't have been pretty with the kids running around and not see it.

streetglide61
04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
WoW, that is crazy

Snapshot
04-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree with FA22. I remember stepping on a hardhead in a boat when I was about 16 and hunt like heck for a long time. I was hunting at a least near DelRio and on the way home saw a grocery bag ( had to a long time ago to find food in a sack) in the road. We stopped and found chips and cookies and they lasted all the way home.

KingTut
04-03-2012, 11:49 PM
My Wife complained to me for weeks about leaving fish parts in the yard until the day a Bald Eagle sat in one of our big pine trees eating a catfish like a popcycle! He'd suck-up the skin like ya used to eat spagetti noddles when you were a kid. Me and my boys sat on our picnic table and watched him for ten minutes or more. It was awesome!

vett0111
04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
My brother just found a a damp dead catfish in his back yard. :confused: Yep, a catfish in his back yard. It was about 10 to 12 inches long. I did not measure it. looked like a mudcat. It wasn't a channel or blue. His two neighbors dont fish and he dont have a pond in is yard.

I guess a bird dropped it. He tried to sic his dog on it but he wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Yall be careful out there

Yeah sounds like some bird lost it's meal. Cool find though.

matt thorpe
04-05-2012, 10:47 PM
I think about the neatest thing I have ever seen in the wild was while playing golf out at River Plantation,we were walking up to a green at a par 3 and there was a squirrel rummaging in the grass for acorns. Right then while I was watching him and walking a chicken hawk scooped down and grabbed him by the head and took off with him, his lil legs kicking a mile a minute. Looks alot like Vetto's picture but with furr. It was awesome.

vett0111
04-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I think about the neatest thing I have ever seen in the wild was while playing golf out at River Plantation,we were walking up to a green at a par 3 and there was a squirrel rummaging in the grass for acorns. Right then while I was watching him and walking a chicken hawk scooped down and grabbed him by the head and took off with him, his lil legs kicking a mile a minute. Looks alot like Vetto's picture but with furr. It was awesome.

That would of been awesome to see.

BassingtxLady
04-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Sounds like something I would like to see, but it was bad for the squirrel.