PDA

View Full Version : Crosby Crawfish???

TexasT
04-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Has anyone tried the crawfish at the Crawfish Shack in Crosby?
It looks to be a fairly new place and I wonder how it is every time I drive by on the way to Ponderosa. Always a bunch of cars there.
I will eat a few of them, but I will eat alot of the potatos and corn on the cob.
My wife loves the mudbugs. I really don't get it though as she is from New Jersey. She has been in Texas since the age of 13 and has acquired a taste for the crawfish.
I have told her about the place, but she doesn't want to drive over there before she hears a couple reviews on the place.
Thanks to all who respond.

katjim00
04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
There is a new place they built in crosby on the left hand side if you are heading towards the ponderosa. Not sure how the place is but they were partners with the other crawfish place there and parted ways, not a happy parting is what I was told. The other one on the right is just over the railroad tracks I believe where all the construction is. That place is very good. Potatoes and corn is extra. The place is also BYOB and they have coolers of ice to keep them cool. Good place to eat mudbugs.

Lou The Fisherman
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I've never eaten there but I have heard their crawfish are excellent.

More than likely they are charging about 6 bucks / pound which everyone seems to be charging this year.

TexasT
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Well, that's 2 positive reports so far.....maybe my wife will go check it out.
Thanks

Snapshot
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
TexasT, The Crawfish shack next to the Railroad tracks is the very best. If you are going to go, I would suggust that you go early as they fill up very quickly and then have will have some pretty long lines waiting to get in. I live in Newport and the place is packed during opening hours. they do have a drive through lane if you want to get the bugs to go. They also have a playground and they invite everyone to bring the kids. They have been voted the best business in the Crosby Huffman area for at several streight years. You can look them up on Facebook for the hours and outer info. Let us know what you think if you go.... Enjoy, but don't go if you are in a hurry.

streetglide61
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Look Up Crawfish Shack on Facebook as they offer different specials. Starting your week off right! Great Specials Tuesday-Thursday!!!
10 or more lbs Hot Boiled Crawfish $5.00/lb.
Shack Combo- 2 lbs crawfish and about 35 shrimp w/ corn and potatoes $20. Hours today are 4-9pm. BYOBooze as always.
Live Crawfish is $2.95/lb....must call 281-462-2121 to reserve. Location is at 5822 FM2100 in Crosby

Tbendjerker
04-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Can't beat those specials, just wish I lived closer, but HEB has live crawfish this weekend for $1.99/lb by the sack. Yep, you bet I'm picking up a couple sacks tomorrow and making gumbo this weekend too along with some boiled!

Uncle Doug
04-20-2012, 08:48 PM
We ate at the crawfish place on the west side of FM2100 and south of the RR tracks. Not sure if that is the place you are asking about. I had a combo with crawfish, boiled shrimp and crab legs. It was very good but next time I will ask the price before ordering. The menu only said "market price". My fault for not asking but never would of ordered a $40 plate if I had known.

I looked it up, The place we ate at was the Crawfish Hut.

vett0111
04-20-2012, 09:14 PM
We ate at the crawfish place on the west side of FM2100 and south of the RR tracks. Not sure if that is the place you are asking about. I had a combo with crawfish, boiled shrimp and crab legs. It was very good but next time I will ask the price before ordering. The menu only said "market price". My fault for not asking but never would of ordered a $40 plate if I had known.

I looked it up, The place we ate at was the Crawfish Hut.

:new_shocked: $40 plate :new_shocked: At least is was very good.