PDA

View Full Version : Short term boat storage?

TexasT
05-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Would anyone have any idea where I could store my boat (in the water) so I can work on my trailer for 3-4 days.
I just need to replace the carpet and maybe a bunk board or two. I can do the work myself, but I need the boat off the trailer.
If you know of any place on Lake Houston, please let me know.
Thanks

Snapshot
05-18-2012, 09:19 PM
check with BJ's as he has some boats that are tied up at his dock all the time. I recall a Pontoon boat and a joh with a mud buddy on it. I don't know if they are still there or not but it may be worth a call. Be sure to tell them that your're part of the FTX family. It may help and then again, well you know.

TexasT
05-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks Snapshot I will check with them. How would you feel about security there?

Snapshot
05-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Other boats are left there for longer periods of time and I think the owners live on site. How bout a slip as Seabrook for a couple nights. Might be more secure and closer for you too. Call Seabrook and Kemah boat basins and see what they say.

TexasT
05-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes, I probably could find someplace in Seabrook, but I would rather keep it out of the salt water.
I may end up doing just that anyway.

TexasT
05-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I found a place in Seabrook that will dry dock my boat on a daily basis.
Just what I needed right here in my backyard so to speak.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Snapshot
05-20-2012, 10:17 PM
TexasT, keep their card and pass it along as there may be others that need to drydock a boat while doing trailer repairs. I am thinking of having my trialer sandblasted and painted so I might need that location too. It will be nice to keep it out of the salt water too. Let us know how it goes.

TexasT
05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
TexasT, keep their card and pass it along as there may be others that need to drydock a boat while doing trailer repairs. I am thinking of having my trialer sandblasted and painted so I might need that location too. It will be nice to keep it out of the salt water too. Let us know how it goes.

Good idea Snapshot.....The place is:

Marina Del Sol
1203 Twin Oaks Blvd.
Kemah, TX 77565
281-334-3909

They will store on a yearly, monthly or even a daily basis and that is exactly what I needed.
The rate they quoted me is $2 per foot per day up to 30 foot maximum.
It will probably take 3-4 days for me to complete the work. I still need to find all materials I will need.