PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Drop Shot and muleherder

D-Ring gone Native
06-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Rick
Glad to see your out and about, it sounds like we are both looking to add depth finders to our yaks. I'm looking at the Hobie kayak kit with the Lourance F4 since it has everything you need without having to hang anything out side. Let me know what you end up selecting and why.

muleherder,
I'm still fairly new to this forum but since day one I been say'in to my self that guy really looks familiar, so I just jumped over to your profile page and finally realized that our paths have crossed. North Belt, right? Or is my Alzheimer's kicking in again.

Gentleben
06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh oh they found you !!!!

Drop_Shot_
06-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Dean - Muleherder is Harvey from Northbelt :)

Im hoping to get a depth finder one day! Ive been saying that for a while. I liked the way Jeremy set this up. It is very portable so you could go from Kayak to boat pretty easy. I would just need an extra transducer to keep for my Kayak. Maybe I could get one of those nice side or down scan imaging ones! I will check out the Hobie kayak kit....I havent looked at that one yet. What I really would like is to be able to mount the transducer on the bottom of the trolling motor on a Bassyak kit!!!! But I dont have the money for that right now :( I will see you on July 2nd....I will be back to work by then!

D-Ring gone Native
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Dean - Muleherder is Harvey from Northbelt :)

Im hoping to get a depth finder one day! Ive been saying that for a while. I liked the way Jeremy set this up. It is very portable so you could go from Kayak to boat pretty easy. I would just need an extra transducer to keep for my Kayak. Maybe I could get one of those nice side or down scan imaging ones! I will check out the Hobie kayak kit....I havent looked at that one yet. What I really would like is to be able to mount the transducer on the bottom of the trolling motor on a Bassyak kit!!!! But I dont have the money for that right now :( I will see you on July 2nd....I will be back to work by then!

Looking forward to seeing you at work.
Thanks i thought that was Harvey, don't know why I didn't make the connection earlier, I'll just treat it as another Bayou Skunk Ape sighting and just keep it to my self :-)

Drop_Shot_
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
haha!

muleherder
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
i don't know why I missed this earlier.

Back at you Dean and Rick. It's hard to tell from your avatar Dean, but is that a wood kayak? Did you build it?