PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Fishing - Friday night or early Saturday morning.

vandolizm8
07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Anyone have any recommendations on saltwater fishing this weekend. I'm thinking about either going Friday night (I have generator and lights), or going early Saturday morning. Hopefully the rains have ended. Where and when should I go. Thanks.

SKsCrappie
07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I'd say with all the run off heading down the bayous starting around the Texas city dike, east bay or west bay would be good!

KingTut
07-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Hey Vandolzm8, haven't heard from you lately. You might consider Anahauc Wildlife Refuge with that generator and lights. I'd set-up on Frozen Point. There are a few drains that connect the marsh to the bay. A drain is just a small ditch that gets to movin' pretty darn fast on a falling tide. When that happens the current pulls all the marine life out of the marsh and into the bay. Of all the bays, East Bay is the least inhabited. You'd be the only lights on the north shore of East Bay for about fifteen miles. The only concern I'd have would be the Texas sized F14 Swamp Mequitos!

Here is a picture of what kind of attention a marsh drain can attract on a falling tide! This bird activity went on for a few hours that morning and Josh and I cleaned-house. Life is good at the Wildlife Refuge!

vandolizm8
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for advice. Unfortunately I don't have a boat to hit those spots. I ended up going to Rollover Pass Saturday morning. Caught 7 keeper black drum (between me and friend), a bunch of throw back redfish, black drum, and speckle trout.

vett0111
07-17-2012, 12:09 AM
nice going.. Keeper drums are delicious

Tbendjerker
07-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Especially on the grill