PDA

View Full Version : sabine lake 7-27-12

gator
07-27-2012, 07:59 PM
well 4am came early. mrs. cook and I grabbed the boat and headed to Sabine for a little date day. winds were suppose to be out of the south 5-10 they were in fact out of the west 10-15. high tide whole time we were there. finger mullet were thick in the bayous. we played with skip jacks Anita out fished me in the flounder division but i got her in the red division. she got me in the speck seeing there was only 1 small keeper caught. i caught my littlest flounder ever and he was safety let go to grow. Anita caught 2 smaller ones also but where bleeding so we went ahead and kept them. (Louisiana rules and license). we left about 1:30pm and folks if you are ever on the south end and hungry go in the causeway bait and tackle store and order a hamburger. they make a really good one. we bought some mud minnows but the mullet where so thick i cast netted 50 or so in 4 throws.

Drop_Shot_
07-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Looks like a great day Gator! Nice looking red :)

vett0111
07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Awesome day out Gator..

Now I'm hungry after seeing that burger

KingTut
07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Great report again Gator! The pictures rock! I wish my Wife would count a day on the water as a "date."
You got it goin' on, Dude!

SKsCrappie
07-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Great report again Gator! The pictures rock! I wish my Wife would count a day on the water as a "date."
You got it goin' on, Dude!

You got that right KT!
WTG "Gator", nicely done!

Gentleben
07-28-2012, 09:47 AM
GTlad yt o see y uand the ms are backin the water...thanks fro thrr thread ms