PDA

View Full Version : On line tackle store

woods2257
08-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I am thanking about opening a on line tackle store after I go back to work . I will be handling plastic baits for salt and fresh water.Just seeing what you think about it. thanks D0NNIE

Lou The Fisherman
08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
You got any FREEBIES L O L

muleherder
08-03-2012, 04:15 PM
just figure out how to sell #12 pet spoons for less than 4 bucks and you'll move a lot of em May to December. Add Hellbenders and you got it all in addition to the plastics.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
08-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Many places to buy tackle on line, lots of choices.
I'm not discouraging the idea but you must have something to draw the folks in ie; the lowest prices, best quality, hand made or rare items.
We had a guy with plenty of financial backing(an attorney he was/is), Finney Tribe, who had an on line tackle store, he was doing very well. He decided to open a store front location and within twelve months it was closed.
I've known of a few who tried and not many make it, do some research before diving into an unknown market. Mo's tackle shop is successful but most don't have the money to import on a large enough scale to be profitable.
Consider the time you will need to invest and a hobby may become a very labor intensive low paying job, or second job. Then in the event you are successful at it. Your enjoyment, fishing, may be lost to become a laborer in the fishing industry. Something like being a glamorous fishing guide. Being in business for yourself is somewhat rewarding and carries lots of headaches.

slabsticker
08-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I wish you luck if you start one because there is a lot of competition out there to deal with. Academy, Wal-Mart, Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountain to name a few can buy by the truck load and sell them cheaper than you can buy them. I have a wholesale supplier myself and I found it isn't worth the hassle for the few cents you make on each item even doing drop shipping and not having a lot of stock. Anyway good luck!!

Being a professional website designer I forgot to mention it is almost impossible to get listed with the big boys unless you advertise something like tackle small town USA