PDA

View Full Version : Tango Mike Mike

BassingtxLady
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I know you have probably seen this before, but I heard Tango Mike Mike speak at a Rotary luncheon back in the late 80's. He was fantastic. Watch this again so you will know what a **** of a guy he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tango Mike Mike Died November 29, 1998 in San Antonio. He has a section named after him in his honor.

Most people that live in South Texas know who TMM (Roy P. Benevides) is..
IF this were the script of a movie, you would never believe it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RZ7968BbMnU&vq=medium
Honors and recognitions

Roy P. Benavidez Elementary School in Gulfton, Houston, Texas

The Texas National Guard armory in El Campo

USNS Benavidez
• 1981 Texan of the Year
• Honorary Associate in Arts from the New Mexico Military Institute
• Presented Martha Raye with the Presidential Medal of Freedom
• Special USPS Pictorial Cancellation Stamp
• Lifetime Achievement Award from St. Mary's University Alumni Law School in San Antonio, Texas
• Congressional Medal of Honor Memorial in Indianapolis, Indiana
• The Medal of Honor Memorial at Riverside National Cemetery in Riverside, California
• Texas Legislative Medal of Honor
• GI Joe, Roy P. Benavidez Commemorative Edition – Released August 31, 2001 (First Hispanic to be honored.)
• Memorial Bench at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery
There are a number of institutions and buildings that bear Benavidez's name. These include:
• Roy P. Benavidez American Legion Post #400 in San Antonio, Texas
• Roy P. Benavidez Army Reserve Center, NAS Corpus Christi, Texas
• Roy P. Benavidez Artillery Training Area 67 at Fort Sill, Oklahoma
• Roy P. Benavidez City Park in Colorado Springs, Colorado
• Roy P. Benavidez Elementary School in Gulfton, Houston, Texas
• Roy P. Benavidez Elementary School in San Antonio, Texas
• Roy P. Benavidez Foundation, Inc.
• Roy P. Benavidez Military Range at Fort Knox, Kentucky
• Roy P. Benavidez National Guard Armory in El Campo, Texas
• Roy P. Benavidez Scholarship Fund in El Campo
• Roy P. Benavidez Special Operations Logistic Complex at Fort Bragg, North Carolina
• USNS Benavidez, a Bob Hope-class roll on roll off vehicle cargo ship
The conference Room owned and operated by the Department of Military Instruction of the United States Military Academy is the "Benavidez Room". Inside the "Benavidez Room" there are signed pictures of MSG Benavidez, the citation from his Medal of Honor, and a G.I. Joe toy created in his likeness. The room is used primarily for planning Cadet Summer Military Training and hosting visitors.

KingTut
12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Each time I see this post I make a point to watch it again. Few Americans can say that gave so much for so little, so why can't I give a man like Tango Mike Mike six minutes and thirty seconds of my time. And each time, I am amazed at his courage and commitment to his comrades. Great link, Rod. Thanks

vett0111
12-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Each time I see this post I make a point to watch it again. Few Americans can say that gave so much for so little, so why can't I give a man like Tango Mike Mike six minutes and thirty seconds of my time. And each time, I am amazed at his courage and commitment to his comrades. Great link, Rod. Thanks

x2

Truly amazing story of a real life HERO. He wholeheartedly believed in " SOME GAVE ALL ".

Tango Mike Mike
:flehan: :flehan:
Tango Mike Mike

Lou The Fisherman
12-06-2012, 11:16 AM
X2 amen. . . .

eviesue'sdaddy
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
They don't make heroes like that very often..