PDA

View Full Version : What Christmas is to me

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
12-19-2012, 05:07 AM
A gathering of love ones, friends, and family for a feast and celebration for the birth of Jesus Christ.
Don't forget the real reason for celebrating Christmas.
Wishing all of fishingTX the very best of this holiday season and a wonderful 2013.

BassingtxLady
12-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Jackie, it is good to hear from you. Family, friends and Santa, gathering to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. That what I'm talking about.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Santy is off my list missed me the last few years.

vett0111
12-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Family and friends are at top of list. #1 on the list is :flehan::flehan:CHRISTmas is celebrating our Lord Jesus Christ Birth day. :flehan::flehan:

Lou The Fisherman
12-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Family and friends are at top of list. #1 on the list is :flehan::flehan:CHRISTmas is celebrating our Lord Jesus Christ Birth day. :flehan::flehan:

X 2 A M E N> Merry Christmas everyone.

slabsticker
12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
A-Men jackiekennedy

BassingtxLady
12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
I just had to elaborate on my day today....and i felt that this thread is where it belonged..

Quite a few months back our very own "Gator" posted a thread about how he makes little kitchens by hand and wanted to know if any of us would be interested in buying a set....well of course i went totally crazy for the thought to get one made for my grandaughter for Christmas....so i set off to employ him to make my wish come true..i sent him a deposit to start the project ...and So he did....as the months went by he would send me updates on the project and let me make decisions on paint color, and the like....Well, .....as the time came nearer to today....Gator messaged me that he had been put in the hospital for chest pains....letting me know that he had not had a heart attack but due to prior health issues they were running tests on him to check it out...I was really worried about him....so I prayed for God to bless his body with healing and a total renewing of his spirit....As the days drew nearer to today I just kept believing that God had that in total control and left it up to him......Then yesterday I got word from Gator that everything was okay and we arranged for me to take a drive to his house to pick up the finished kitchen....So this morning I took off to Gator's with such excitement.....As i pulled into his driveway there it was sitting so proud and wonderful in front of his workshop.....I was so amazed at the craftmanship that he had placed in every detail of his work.....I got out of my truck so excited and out comes this mountain of a man to greet me....I had never met Gator, only conversed on the forum all this time.....He was so tall, as i implied a mountain of a man.....but as we introduced ourselves I looked into his face....His eyes were so warm and gentle...as was his presence that he held....He took me over to the little kitchen and I was so amazed at this little set of hand crafted pieces.....I could see in every angle and detail the love he placed into creating this for my grandaughter.....After a moment of me giving his work such praises and the fact that his wife had made a custom curtain to cover the sink shelves.....he loaded it up into my truck....I shook his hand and again thanked him for not only his awesome work, but that i was happy to have finally met him. ....Then he said..."hey, do you have a Christmas tree?"....To which i replied "yes"....He said.."wait a minute"....then proceeded to go into his house only to return and hand me the most precious little sled with an etched tree on it's platform....and 2012 etched into the sides of the runners.....He then said...Merry Christmas and gave it to me for my tree.....Well, as you all know on here...I am a prayer warrior, and I am consumed with love in my heart for Jesus....As I thanked him for giving me such a precious thing that he had made with his loving hands....I went to my truck and began to thank God for this man....I strongly believe that God places Angels robed in flesh on this Earth to bring joy to those that meet them unaware.....Well, everyone I have to say that "Gator"....aka Thomas Cook is one of those Angels robed in flesh of a tall, and gently giant....Thomas...I can't thank you for all that you did to help me give my grandaughter a wonderful gift for Christmas....but the kindness and gentleness that you have in your heart I will treasure all my days left on this earth.....I had really been struggling with being alone for Christmas....I know i have my kids to visit...but times are hard for everyone...and well, they are no exception to that rule....I was really missing my mother this year who passed on Christmas day in 2007...and my dad just 2 years later....I found myself envious of others with such big families that will share this time of the season .....But Thomas, you truly made me remember that Christmas is a time of wonder and amazement....That a child was born to give us all hope, peace, and love without fail....just as you do when you make these things with such a precision of detail....and put forth such a warm gesture to make someone smile and be thankful for kindness....So Gator....God bless you my friend, your wife, kids, grandkids...and the like...and may God give you many years to come so that you can continue to bless those that meet you and are fortunate enough to call you friend......thank you.....

So Jackie....that's what Christmas means to me........God bless all of you ....Merry Christmas.....

vett0111
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you for sharing you story with us Loretta

gator
12-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Loretta thank you for the kind words. it was a pleasure to meet you today. i am humbled by the compliments. i have meet a lot of new friends of late and it sure has done my heart good to find so many Christians in this old world. once again thanks. big tom aka gator

TexasT
12-23-2012, 11:17 AM
That was a great post to read BTL and it's good to hear that Gator is doing well after his hospital stay. You were on my prayer list Mr Gator.
I hope that you each have a very merry and happy Christmas and a wonderful happy 2013.
Christ is the reason for the season and I know that each of you are fully aware of that fact. There are too many that don't know or even care that we are celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and that is a shame. We need to put Jesus back in the United States where "they" are trying to push Him out.
God Bless

Gentleben
12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Such wonderful Christmas thread I spend some time with my freind and brother Jackie Kenedy it is always great for me to visit with someone who is closer than a brother .We made a bootleg deera run to Jackie k land kindah felt like it. We delievered some deer meet who another God sent mountain of a men BigL and Vetto on the board gave Jackie for Christmas I thought we weer goin gfishing when vettto invited me , i was honored at the invite and acceo tway i tturned out it was jsut to deliver the deer and some pig.
This is what I am talking about men givuing of themnselfs to help a brother out who always gives of himeslf to others ...

That is what makes this folks a big family and I am proud to know all of them including Gator aka Thomas Cook .

That is what Christmas means to me; of ourse the Birth of my Lord Jesus Christ who gave Himself for us a human sacrifice. He gave His life for our sins so that if we accept Him as our Lord then our sins are wash away!! The main reason for the season!

Thank you Larry aka BigL and MArcus aka vetto1

vett0111
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for FishingTx Ben.

If it wasn't for FishingTx I would of never met as many great folks I have.

BassingtxLady
12-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for FishingTx Ben.

If it wasn't for FishingTx I would of never met as many great folks I have.

I feel the same way.